Joe Rogan Responds to VICE article about Fallon Fox on Twitter

You seem to be conflating issues. You quoted my original idea, effectively challenging the notion that medical professionals should be the ones advising on the relative advantages and disadvantages of gender reassigned individuals in combat sports. Put simply, if you are consulting, referencing, citing, or in any way relying on a medical professionals claim(s) to support your ideas, then you agree with me. If you instead rely on a fighter to make these calls, as you stated, then you disagree with me.

Assuming the latter (and related to your other questions); if you feel those are best answered by fighters, then I strongly disagree. This isn't intuitive-- at best, most fighters without any background in the field, can only offer an opinion. The more educated ones rely on peer reviewed work that an actual professional has done, so it still comes back to what I've stated. Either that, or they rely on the various athletic commissions to license and regulate policy concerning trans athletes. If it's good enough for the IOC and leading professionals, then I'm inclined to believe it's okay for MMA, until proven otherwise.

Confidentiality is a different discussion than the point of mine you quoted. I'll also point out that none of the above questions you posed were in any way related to confidentiality.

You are talking about who is most likely to make the "correct" decision. I am talking about who possesses the right to make the decision. The only person who can possess that right is the person who must consent to the fight. That person can't consent to something they don't know about. It would be wise of that person to consider what doctors have to say while making their decision. But they don't have to. That is their right. Doctors would be wise to consider more questions than the questions I've seen any of them address so far when they are advising the people who have to give or deny consent.

Cutting off your penis so you can legally beat up women might be normal in your neck of the woods, for most of us its quite uncommon.

Yeah in my neck of the woods that's not enough to make it legal, and if it were, then nobody would've been interested in hearing the goddamn lifestory of the person who did it. They'd be interested in seeing that woman put in jail and taught a harsh lesson.

While in your neck of the woods you go, let's send journalists over thar and give this moron a forum to voice her opinions in for over a year, I bet errry'body wants to read what this emotionally childish person wants to say!

Maybe they're right, people like you sure indicate so.

You are talking about who is most likely to make the "correct" decision. I am talking about who possesses the right to make the decision. The only person who can possess that right is the person who must consent to the fight. That person can't consent to something they don't know about. It would be wise of that person to consider what doctors have to say while making their decision. But they don't have to. That is their right. Doctors would be wise to consider more questions than the questions I've seen any of them address so far when they are advising the people who have to give or deny consent.
I think you're missing it, but I'm not talking about decisions. I'm speaking on whether or not there is an advantage, with regard to transgender fighters, or more specifically, who should advise on what those advantages are. It serves the discussion at a macro level of understanding, and suggests that guess-work and theory-craft are bogus. There is no other context.

Now, you're saying a fighter is the sole decider when it comes to accepting fights? Yes, that's certainly true. Not to be obtuse, but I don't get how it bears any relevance to my point, given it's true of any fight they may take. GSP more recently decided to take a break from fighting, because of how he felt about the status of PED usage. That's his decision, no argument from me.

I don't care what anyone says, it's a man pretending to be a woman. People play along in everyday life but now that real women are getting hurt we need to drop this bullshit. If he wants to call himself a woman, he can go right ahead, but reality doesn't simply change when you ask it to. Allowing him to actually fight women is going WAY to fight. Pretend time is over.

/thread

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back