Joe Perry vs Slash

I saw Slash try to play with Derek Trucks & B.B. King and he looked awkward not as bad as Zakk Wylde playing with the Allman Brothers Band but close.

Who's the better guitar player?
Both great songwriters both great players when sober.I've seen both live and both ripped.Honestly if your on and your playing a Les Paul through a hot rodded Marshall stack you really can't go wrong.Really depends on your taste me thinks.

Crazy coincidence but just last week on Sirius I heard some old, Aerosmith live deep cut and during the solo I thought "That sounds a little like Slash."

Never made that connection before. But was never a big fan of either Aerosmith or Guns, either. But wouldn't be surprised to learn that Perry was one of Slash's big influences.

did glam metal have harder or advance guitar solos than, I am not sure what to categorize Aerosmith in?

The thing with glam metal is it is played at a slower tempo

So you can solo all fast over it, and it immediatly sounds "virtuosic"

Aerosmith songs are played at fast, bar rock tempos, so when contrasted, the solos appear less impressive

I have to go with Slash but I don't think either are top tier.

you probably listen to guitarists who don't know how to write good songs.

Ive been playing guitar for over 20 years and like a wide range of guitarists. Mark Knopfler is probably my favorite guitarist. He shits on Perry and Slash. Come at me boyo.

Ive been playing guitar for over 20 years and like a wide range of guitarists. Mark Knopfler is probably my favorite guitarist. He shits on Perry and Slash. Come at me boyo.
Perry's rythmn playing is great. They have some great songs too.

Saw both last year. If we are talking currently it's Slash by a big margin. Slash impressed the shit out of me while I found Joe a little disappointing. To be fair it's one time for both and could have caught Joe on an off night.

Slash but I'm a huge gnr fan. The guitar parts in Estranged and many others do it for me.

Back