Joe Louis: mechanical wonder

Yourstepdad

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was just reminded of the existence of this beautiful vid. It's about one of boxing's biggest technical visionaires, Joe Louis.

His style to me is one of the most compelling to watch. For those about to see it: Enjoy!

Its a good one. Although i prefer the Reznik joe louis video below. The total lack of emotion Louis showed in the ring must have been terrifying! I wouldve shit my pants.

Last edited:
It's even more incredible when you consider he was about 137 years old.

Its a good one. Although i prefer the Reznik joe louis video below. The total lack of emotion Louis showed in the ring must have been terrifying! I wouldve shit my pants.

Nice, I don't believe I've seen this one. Will watch it after work work work

I was just reminded of the existence of this beautiful vid. It's about one of boxing's biggest technical visionaires, Joe Louis.

His style to me is one of the most compelling to watch. For those about to see it: Enjoy!

Awesome stuff , that stuff he was doing was subtle to me. I like the sliding he was doing

That textbook style, which you can see adaptations of in Toney and Mayweather, is wonderful to behold.

Awesome stuff , that stuff he was doing was subtle to me. I like the sliding he was doing

(Edit) Subtle is the word indeed

(Edit) Subtle perfection executed with such ease, fluidity, psychopathic calmness and confidence.

No gimmicks, boxing in its purest form. Just soothing to the eyes.

Last edited:
Seen it before but I really enjoy this one.

Fantastic stuff

When I was fighting/training new guys I'd always have them watch Joe Louis and take notes and get back to me. Always great to see stuff on Joe, will check later.

Suttle is the word indeed

Suttle perfection executed with such ease, fluidity, psychopathic calmness and confidence.

<{clintugh}>

Suttle is the word indeed

Suttle perfection executed with such ease, fluidity, psychopathic calmness and confidence.

The "b" is silent....not invisible :cool:

Haha thanks. English second language

Everyone understood what you're saying.

It's a fight forum where some "men" will post just to correct another man's grammar.

Thank you for the vid. Slow day at work . Watching now.

Back