Joe Lauzon hall of fame material

hchpxzgar3g01.jpg

legend, in my book.

the only book that matters in MMA.

Don't agree even though I was a fan for a long time. Not relevant to his criteria, but I hated to see Joe turn into a UFC shill in hopes of getting a job with the organization when he's finished after spending most of his career being honest about the reality of how fighters are treated in the UFC and MMA overall.

Last edited:
I like the guy but NO. I don't even remember him fighting for belt or being a title contender

He's not quite there, he is like the cut off point.

If you think anyone decent gets into the hall of fame, it's not that big of a list (Mask being the exception)

For the just bleed crowd, I would say someone like lawler gets in, but not lauzon.

do you really want to sit through a Joe Lauzon HOF speech if you were in attendance?

Fuck yes. Joe is cool as hell and very articulate. I'd love to see a montage of all his highlights followed by him giving a speech.

Joe is tied for 1st Place for number of Performance Bonuses, with 15.

Joe is for sure Hall of Fame material. More bonuses than Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor, GSP, Shogun, Wand, Jon Jones, and well everyone.

UFC-155-Joe-Lauzon-sangra-abundantemente-durante-luta-com-Jim-Miller-Foto-Esther-LinMMA-Fighting1.jpg

I was just about to come up with some sarcastic jokey post, but when you put it like that, he probably does deserve to be in there. Nice dude too.

The UFC should halt inductions to their "hall of fame" for no less than ten years.

nah the future HOF are;
GSP
Edgar
Bisping
Rousey(yes she deserve it)
Mcgregor(i'm also a hater but any 2 division champ should be in it)
Cruz
DJ
DC

Jones and Silva shouldn't be in it for cheating.

I like Joe, he's tough as nails and entertaining. But even with all of his postfight bonuses, it's still a stretch to put him in the HOF.

He reminds me of Jorge Rivera, another tough guy who hung around forever partly due to Dana loving Boston fighters.

I think when you pass a decade in the organisation and you reach milestones like most fight bonus, most rounds, highest punch count etc I think you should be considered. I would put Jeremy Stephens, Frankie and Cerrone up there too.

He deserves to be in there imo.

Like stated, most bonuses in UFC history, most finishes in UFC LW history, 2012 fight of the year vs Jamie Varner. Wins over a former UFC champ, a former WEC champ and a former Pride champion. Started in a time when MMA was still pretty raw, fought legit local competition even early on (Masvidal, Menjivar, Assuncao) and won a one night tournament (3 fights by finish).

The last time the dude fought a nobody, GW was just starting his second term in office. Lauzon has been fighting legit established opponents for the last twelve years and has never lost more than twice in a row. Most importantly, he was always looking for the finish and always looking to entertain the fans.

All Hail to the Bonus King

20121228_gav_sv5_161.0.jpg

Dude bled for us for over a decade. Least we can do is give him a speech and a plaque on Uncle Dana's wall of Ultimate Asskissers.

Last edited:
He's obviously going to be popular on here but casuals have no clue who he is. The HOF should be reserved for actual fame otherwise it really lowers the bar.

nah I think there is a place for people only the hardcores know, otherwise you are pandering to casuals

Joe is HOF for me, similar to Faber being in despite never winning UFC gold

Sure. We might as well just put Mac Danzig in there as well.

Guy is a warrior and it's been a pleasure watching him fight. I was real salty when he ended Guillard's hype but still a big fan

Should have had Lauzon vs Pearson for both guys last fight.

I'd have to say no. I've always enjoyed Lauzon fights and his presence makes me want to watch a card, and his achievements are very respectable. But the line has to be drawn somewhere above Lauzon. If you thought Bonnar was going to open the floodgates, that's nothing compared to inducting Lauzon.

Don't like Joe at all.
]
Fuck fighters who are for the company rather than other fighters. Guys like Joe are why fighters will never come together to form any kind of union or association, because despite being around for so long, he's just thankful to still have a job because he's never been anything more than a gatekeeper in the division and his bullshit logic of "just win a bonus and you'll be fine" is utter nonsense.

Joe isn't recognizable and he's never had any kind of drawing power so I sort of feel he's bitter towards those who either have that or want to work towards having that. In the end, UFC won't give two shits about Joe and maybe he'll regret shilling for the company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back