Jessica Eye taking a year off before a last chance in the UFC

Thin division, if that's what you mean by female privilege.

The 2012 Flyweight division was the definition of thin. Urushitani was out of the company after two fights. Jessica Eye's record is 1-5 and should actually be 1-6, if you count the robbery turned NC. Even worse, the majority of her fights have been boring. It's ridiculous that she's still a UFC fighter.

She wont last the year without being cut first if the UFC really are scaling back.

Waiting for that 125 LB division

Well she's smart about it. She gets to keep her health insurance for another year and try to get better.

UFC health insurance only covers the weeks of training before a scheduled fight and only to an injury related to their training.

It's not like as long as you are on the UFC roster, you got health insurance for whatever.

UFC health insurance only covers the weeks of training before a scheduled fight and only to an injury related to their training.

It's not like as long as you are on the UFC roster, you got health insurance for whatever.

But couldn't she technically be "training" for the next year? How do you know it's only the weeks before a fight? I'm not calling you out, I'm legitimately curious.

It's kind of crazy how the more proven vet Kaufman was released with a lot fewer losses. Granted one was to Eye but it was a controversial decision and got overturned to an NC, the others were a split decision to Shevchenko and a sub by Davis both of whom are top notch.

Yeah, should have kept her. Hell, they should have given her more fights. But I guess she does not have "it."

I like her, but it's hard to watch her fights. Hopefully she works on her weaknesses while she's away.

But couldn't she technically be "training" for the next year? How do you know it's only the weeks before a fight? I'm not calling you out, I'm legitimately curious.

Because numerous fighters have said so since the UFC began to have it in 2011.

When you have a fight scheduled, it covers the training for a set number of weeks before and I think immediately after. It's not like normal employee health insurance where if you have any kind of health issue it covers that, it's strictly for an injury leading up to a scheduled fight.

UFC doesn't even pay for the mandatory medicals their fighters have to take. Their "we provide health insurance" stuff is largely PR. Very limited.

She should move to Kings MMA did wonders to Jake Ellenberger.

Her next fight really is going to be her last chance. It's do or die. She's lucky she's still on the roster. She's got 4 losses right?

Back