Jared Leto vs Jake Gyllenhaal

Who's your favorite?

• Total voters
G

Guestx

Both guys are fairly close to the same age and broke out around the same time.

Jake has had more high profile roles, but Jared's done well for himself.

Who do you prefer and why?

jared-leto-jake-gyllenhaal.jpg

Jared Leto tries too hard

He is good but I don't think its as natural as my boy Jake

Its really a guy who needs to study and study vs a guy who just walks in already knowing whats up

I'm still trying to forget Jake Gyllenhaal's performance in Okja. That movie soiled his entire body of work.

That was worse than anything I've seen Leto do, but I'd give Jake the edge overall. They're both excellent actors, though.

Leto is 9 years older than Jake. Not close of age at all.

Jake.

He’s actually one of the few people whose movies I’ll watch simply cause he’s in it.

Joke post? Gyllenhaal by a mile.

Jared Leto tries too hard

He is good but I don't think its as natural as my boy Jake

One thing I've noticed about Leto is that he almost never headlines a film. He doesn't have a Zodiac or a Nightcrawler or a Prisoners on his resume.

He turns in performances that sometimes garner big-time acclaim, like in Dallas Buyers Club, but for whatever reason he almost always plays a supporting character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler was something really special. Impossible to vote for Leto when that shit's on my mind

Jake.

He’s actually one of the few people whose movies I’ll watch simply cause he’s in it.

It's funny, I didn't really expect Jake to become as big as he has back when I first saw him in Donnie Darko.

Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler was something really special. Impossible to vote for Leto when that shit's on my mind

You posted this, & now I don't have to.

If that shit wasn't an Oscar I don't know what is

Different Generations though. I compare Jared Leto to Leo.

Jake and that Ryan fella in BR2049 make better comparison.

Yeh Jared has always been more of a character actor. He never really a headliner.

Don't like either but Jake > Jared unless we talking who doesn't age at all

Jared, Keanu, Rob Lowe are all vampires

One thing I've noticed about Leto is that he almost never headlines a film. He doesn't have a Zodiac or a Nightcrawler or a Prisoners on his resume.

He turns in performances that sometimes garner big-time acclaim, like in Dallas Buyer's Club, but for whatever reason he almost always plays a supporting character.

Thats not a bad thing perse. Nothing wrong with being a back up to the QB but youre right

Back