JAN.6th GB DAZN Vergil Ortiz vs Fredrick Lawson

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I'm glad it's not at 147. Maybe the new class will get Vergil back to where he was.

Hopefully this won't be a "What could've been story."

The kid shouldn't kill himself making weight anymore.

As the co-main event, the U.K. 's Ohara “Two Tanks” Davies (25-2, 18 KOs) will fight against El Tigre, Venezuela’s Ismael Barroso (24-4-2, 22 KOs). The fight, which was rescheduled from the original Dec. 2 fight date, is a 12-round match for the WBA Super Lightweight Interim World Championship and is presented in association with TGB Promotions.

Making a splash as a newly-signed Golden Boy fighter, El Monte’s Arnold Barbosa Jr. (28-0, 10 KOs) will participate in a 10-round super lightweight clash. Also on the DAZN undercard, Ukraine’s Sergiy Derevyanchenko (14-5, 10 KOs) will participate in a 10-round fight. Opponents for both will be announced in the coming weeks.

I hope Ortiz comes back successfully because I'd like to see him face off with Tszyu in a year.

Boooo-urns! I love watching Sergiy fight.

I don't think I've ever seen Lawson fight.... and I watch all the boxing I can get my eyeballs on.

I see he got stopped three times, most recently by Charles Hatley a couple of years back, I don't have high hopes.

Oh well. The Fundora family is always entertaining to watch. I'm off next weekend as well, so I'm in :)

Back