Elections Jan 6th Documentary 'The war on truth' vows to challenge the mainstream narrative of the event.

Huh?? No freaking way. The guys that legitimately broke in, assaulted cops, stole things, etc etc. I'd need to hear it from Trump's mouth that those losers will get a pardon.

whaaaaat... no way in hell.

I doubt this also.
Very timely comment re: Jan 6 rioters and their political careers, because today is the West Virginia primary.

Meet Derrick Evans, who served 3 months in prison for Jan 6 and is running for Congress right now in West Virginia. He’s being endorsed by Michael Flynn.

Several Jan 6 rioters are running for local office as well.

I don’t think what @K1levelgrappler said is far-fetched at all, sadly. There are hundreds of these people, and it’s likely some will indeed have political careers and possibly make it to Congress.

Cherry picking? Case by case basis??
Your aegument was that we didn’t see “one iota” of repercussions, and that’s just plainly not true.

Would you like to modify your argument, or just take your L?

Your response to that stated there were thousands of arrests. I showed you that thousands of those charges were dropped. You want to hang on to the "one iota" comment because you were proven wrong. So sure I'll modify that. I'll change "one iota" to "barely any."

Your response to that stated there were thousands of arrests. I showed you that thousands of those charges were dropped. You want to hang on to the "one iota" comment because you were proven wrong. So sure I'll modify that. I'll change "one iota" to "barely any."
Change "barely any" to "Trump is a fat orange guy who wants to plow his own daughter" and your argument makes a lot more sense.

It would take some time and choreography. But ANYTHING would be better than what happened before.
Bro,
That’s all these kids have at this moment in time, is time…

They’re not in the workforce yet, who else has time to sit around and shit in a tent all week..

First, it’s pretty weird to say I’m “hanging on” to the one iota remark. That was literally the argument that you made, that I responded to in the first place.

Secondly, you partially answered your own question, didn’t you? Police often used mass arrests to clear the protest, but when push came to shove they really didn’t have evidence to prove the charges that they slapped those people with.

Here is a good article from the New York Times about this. It also mentions that people charged with serious things like destruction of property and vandalism are still facing charges. It also mentions the DA in Portland acknowledging that “70-80% of the cases there would not survive constitutional challenges.” The article also makes the very good point that there’s a difference between the standard an officer uses to arrest someone, and the evidentiary standards that must be met to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in court.

The TLDR of all this is what we have been trying to tell you guys for years at this point: Jan 6 and the George Floyd riots are totally different types of events which took place for different reasons on different types of property and involve different statutes and laws, and comparing those two things, as right wing media has been so eager to do, is disingenuous at best and downright dishonest at worst.

First, it’s pretty weird to say I’m “hanging on” to the one iota remark. That was literally the argument that you made, that I responded to in the first place.

Secondly, you partially answered your own question, didn’t you? Police often used mass arrests to clear the protest, but when push came to shove they really didn’t have evidence to prove the charges that they slapped those people with.

Here is a good article from the New York Times about this. It also mentions that people charged with serious things like destruction of property and vandalism are still facing charges. It also mentions the DA in Portland acknowledging that “70-80% of the cases there would not survive constitutional challenges.” The article also makes the very good point that there’s a difference between the standard an officer uses to arrest someone, and the evidentiary standards that must be met to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in court.

The TLDR of all this is what we have been trying to tell you guys for years at this point: Jan 6 and the George Floyd riots are totally different types of events which took place for different reasons on different types of property and involve different statutes and laws, and comparing those two things, as right wing media has been so eager to do, is disingenuous at best and downright dishonest at worst.
You can't discuss those differences without acknowledging we are comparing a Right-wing protest to a Left-wing protest. The level of accountability between the two protests couldn't be any more different. Nobody says that people who broke the law on Jan 6th shouldn't be prosecuted. The big talking point there is all about what "almost" happened in trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power. But there is no comparison to the billions of dollars in damage and the extreme violence inflicted on the country for the majority of 2020 that ACTUALLY happened. I'd be interested to see the number of people arrested and successfully prosecuted for ONE day (Jan 6th) vs the amount of people arrested and successfully prosecuted for the entirety of the George Floyd protests terrorism.

Change "barely any" to "Trump is a fat orange guy who wants to plow his own daughter" and your argument makes a lot more sense.

Man, you'll be holding Trump's pocket for the rest of your life, huh?

But there is no comparison to the billions of dollars in damage and the extreme violence inflicted on the country for the majority of 2020 that ACTUALLY happened.

You're right, there's no comparison because it's a false equivalence.

People prosecuted for January 6th landed in jail because they were filmed committing crimes.

You have a problem with people not prosecuted for committing crimes? Name them. If you can't, keep your deranged fantasies to yourself.

Thousands of BLM protestors were arrested and released because they had committed no crimes. If you want to blame looting and arson on BLM, name the suspects and describe how any why they weren't prosecuted. I'm tired of you guys blaming everything on anyone you don't like without proving any of it. Some of you were blaming Jan. 6 on Antifa.

I saw isolated incidents of potentially dangerous statements coming from fringe BLM groups and they were immediately condemned by BLM Global and other prominent voices. The protests were considered overwhelmingly peaceful because they were.

Conservatives don't care about law and order or justice, well MAGA and the alt right don't, anyway. You show me a guy setting someone else's property on fire, I say lock him up. You don't think thieves and arsonists were prosecuted during the summer of Floyd? Name some who should have been but weren't. If you can't, you have nothing. If you can, I also would like to know why they weren't prosecuted.

You have a problem with people not prosecuted for committing crimes? Name them. If you can't, keep your deranged fantasies to yourself.

You're like the eight guy to ask him for this. @Confucamus can't do it.

He keeps mentioning "thousands," and everyone has to point out that these were people wrongfully caught up in a mass arrest and released when no charges were brought.

He's been asked point blank to cite a single instance of some BLM protestor committing a crime and just not being charged. And he won't even try.

The only real mystery with these guys at this point is whether or not it's just them lying and trying to spread misinformation; or, if they really are so dumb as to not understand their own sources.

Because this is getting sad.

People prosecuted for January 6th landed in jail because they were filmed committing crimes.

Thousands of BLM protestors were arrested and released because they had committed no crimes. If you want to blame looting and arson on BLM, name the suspects and describe how any why they weren't prosecuted. I'm tired of you guys blaming everything on anyone you don't like without proving any of it. Some of you were blaming Jan. 6 on Antifa.

I saw isolated incidents of potentially dangerous statements coming from fringe BLM groups and they were immediately condemned by BLM Global and other prominent voices. The protests were considered overwhelmingly peaceful because they were.

Conservatives don't care about law and order or justice, well MAGA and the alt right don't, anyway. You show me a guy setting someone else's property on fire, I say lock him up. You don't think thieves and arsonists were prosecuted during the summer of Floyd? Name some who should have been but weren't. If you can't, you have nothing. If you can, I also would like to know why they weren't prosecuted.

He keeps mentioning "thousands," and everyone has to point out that these were people wrongfully caught up in a mass arrest and released when no charges were brought.

He's been asked point blank to cite a single instance of some BLM protestor committing a crime and just not being charged. And he won't even try.

The only real mystery with these guys at this point is whether or not it's just them lying and trying to spread misinformation; or, if they really are so dumb as to not understand their own sources.

but people are saying. just trust me bro.

Kinda my point, bud. We didn't know the names of the Jan 6th protestors any more than we knew the names of the hundreds of people looting and burning large portions of cities across America. Tell me, do you think the same effort that went into identifying Jan 6th protestors (like facial recognition, scouring social media, asking the public to help identify, etc.) could have been used for the George Floyd protestors who wreaked havoc across the country, since a lot of them were filmed as well?

I didn't.

They were unnecessary, as proven by the whole movement being founded on lies. They were a political tool and they fulfilled their usefulness.

Again, let's see the same amount of money, time, and effort go into identifying BLM terrorists as there was with the MAGA terrorists. Did you hear of any of the millions of dollars in looted merchandise being recovered? Let's start there.

It's called being disingenuous

Jan 6 is basically the equivalent of 9/11, October 7th and the 1939 Nazi invasion of Poland all in one day. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the constant news I see about it, while not even being in the US.
Don't forget Pearl Harbor

He knows what he's doing and he knows he's completely full of shit. He's playing the game.

a good article from the New York Times
giphy.gif

He knows what he's doing and he knows he's completely full of shit. He's playing the game.

Whenever you guys are done blowing each other, you could try gathering the courage to actually respond to what I said. It's pretty disgusting you pretend to hold some kind of moral high ground considering the way you conduct yourself on this forum.

Whenever you guys are done blowing each other, you could try gathering the courage to actually respond to what I said.

We did.

We asked if you could cite a single example of the claim you made. That claim being that BLM were not charged for crimes they committed. You wouldn't do it. Instead you linked to an article that mentioned "thousands" that had been round up and released without charges. Several people pointed this out to you.

And if you won't cite a single example then everyone knows your full of shit. So either put up, or shut up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back