Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

What kind of stanning is this? Do you watch tape with her? Or just "trust me bro" because it seems like nobody watches shit on fights.

There's a few of you in here that give me no bearing as to why people reply to you seriously. FFS, go figure some of us have information (such as watching the contender series) that let us know Sanko does her homework. Knowledge doesn't end and begin between only your two ears.

God these threads are always full of morons. There's not a snowballs chance in hell that any of the clowns criticizing ANY of the announcers or refs have even a tiny fraction of the knowledge they possess.

Tldr: most of you idiots aren't remotely qualified to comment on this

Yeah, ESPECIALLY on Sanko now that she has taken the spotlight off of Rogan and DC.

The sleeper girl commentator is Jessica rose clark but she got cut from ufc she did some of the fight pass stuff.. was mad impressed

DC and Cruz know more than you could ever forget
Lol. No they don't, and you said that horribly backwards, is english not your first language?
Dominck Cruz isn't a good technical martial artist and his commentary goes to show it. It's also why he keeps losing as he's gotten older. Can't rely on physical tools and doesn't have the foundation and technical expertise to win skill for skill.

DC is a great martial artist. Just a horrendous orator. Watch his ncaa commentary, guy is an Olympian, a great wrestler, and a dogshit commentator.

And buddy, just because you never fought, you don't train and you have no idea what you're watching or talking about, doesn't mean that is everyone else's situation. Some people on these boards are black belts, have made careers in martial arts and even know more than some of your favorite fighters. Crazy thought, right?

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation though.

Lol. No they don't, and you said that horribly backwards, is english not your first language?
Dominck Cruz isn't a good technical martial artist and his commentary goes to show it. It's also why he keeps losing as he's gotten older. Can't rely on physical tools and doesn't have the foundation and technical expertise to win skill for skill.

DC is a great martial artist. Just a horrendous orator. Watch his ncaa commentary, guy is an Olympian, a great wrestler, and a dogshit commentator.

And buddy, just because you never fought, you don't train and you have no idea what you're watching or talking about, doesn't mean that is everyone else's situation. Some people on these boards are black belts, have made careers in martial arts and even know more than some of your favorite fighters. Crazy thought, right?

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation though.
Lol

LOL!

I'm on record around here: Varner could fight. I was a fan.

It amazes me the things people sometimes do.

Nobody has been hating varner for a decade.

He drops out of the blue and just unloads on a decent enough chic commentator.

Why?

What good could ever come from that?

I mean we all know what bad could come from it. We are seeing it realtime.

The crux is: what good could it do?

When the answer is, "zero. none. no good of any kind." , then why do it?

It's the same as picking up a gun and shooting yourself. No good. All bad. Why do it?

Crazy world man.

War Sanko
images

I think she's doing a fine job and I like her. Her career shouldn't even be brought up though. The women at the highest level in this sport suck donkey balls most of the time so the fighters she faced in her ammy career (and 1 pro fight) was god awful. She's also the only time I've seen someone TKO'd with a punch? Her 1 pro fight was probably the most amazingly fitting matchup they could find for her since she is buddy buddy with Invictas matchmakers.

She definitely got bit of a woman's complex going though trying to make sure everyone knows she trains in every other sentence. "The guys at the gym.." "I've trained with this guy.." "You know how it is after a training session.."

She only has the job because she's hot.

That is all...

There are millions of hot women in the world. Why Sanko and not any of the others?

Because she's hot AND qualified.

She knows more about MMA than 99% of Sherdog, including you.

Don't pretend that she'd have a commentary job if she looked like Cyborg...

Have some self respect...

Don't pretend that she'd have a commentary job if she looked like Cyborg...

Have some self respect...
Being attractive is a prerequisite for women who work in media. That doesn't make Sanko unqualified, it makes her both hot and qualified.

She has her job because she is a very attractive woman who can do the job very well.

Being attractive is a prerequisite for women who work in media. That doesn't make Sanko unqualified, it makes her both hot and qualified.

She has her job because she is a very attractive woman who can do the job very well.

Many people don't believe she does the job well. That's what this thread is about. Her commentary is on par with what a wellspoken mma fan that put in some practice would say.

She obviously satiates the avg fan/sherdogger..

I'd much rather listen to someone who's coached or fought and could add some technical insight and humor.

Many people don't believe she does the job well.
They are wrong.
That's what this thread is about. Her commentary is on par with what a wellspoken mma fan that put in some practice would say.
Lol that's nonsense.

I'd much rather listen to someone who's coached or fought and could add some technical insight and humor.
She adds plenty of technical insight and humour.

You can pretend she isn't qualified for the job. Every educated fan can tell she is.

She's got more fights than Rogan and is a better commentator.

I think she'd be better doing interviews or more in depth analysis on a panel. She's good at talking, but she sounds book smart whereas Bisping/DC/Cruz have been there/done that.

She reminds me of Robin Black if he wasn't a complete tool (Sanko is not a tool at all).

They are wrong.

Lol that's nonsense.

She adds plenty of technical insight and humour.

You can pretend she isn't qualified for the job. Every educated fan can tell she is.

Nope... welcome to the merry-go-round..

Nope... welcome to the merry-go-round..
Opinions are opinions, so 'everyone can have them and disagree' all that nonsense, but most people do try to back them up with some sort of substance to their claim. Laura provides maybe the most technical approach out of the commentators.

It's funny to me because other critics of hers say she does TOO much, with some claiming she's got people in her earpiece feeding her info to make her sound smarter. Strange how the critics can't seem to reconcile their seemingly contradictory criticism, isn't it?

Last edited:
Didn't she commentate for Invicta for years ?

Take a walk Varner.

3o7522Hb7YAWZYPJGo.gif

Many people don't believe she does the job well. That's what this thread is about. Her commentary is on par with what a wellspoken mma fan that put in some practice would say.

Like Cruz and DC? Getting sidetracked half the fight talking about stupid shit, or making calls about what is happening and then the opposite happens?

Back