News James Gonzalez has decided to retire from MMA

Good on him for being smart about things, wish him the best.

He can hold his head high knowing that he beat talented guys like Sabatini and Cody Law as an underdog. Better fighter than his record indicates.

I wonder if Bellator offered him a contract or not.

Solid fighter, probably wasn't making enough money to really make it worthwhile. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do next.

He wasn't a bad fighter at all. Really impressed me against Cody Law. Happy trails to him.

Solid fighter, probably wasn't making enough money to really make it worthwhile. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do next.
You know I don't think any but the top UFC fighters make enough money to make it worth while. I always feel sorry when I see poor third world Contender Series fighters tell their life story & think that they made it once they get a Contender Series contract. They must not realize that they could make more money working at Home Depot or a construction job. Hell, working at McDonalds pays more than first year UFC fighters. They are only making 10 +10 & will only fight once or twice a year. So that's between 10 & 40 thousand plus Venom bonus but minus training expenses. Like I said. They could make more money working a regular full time job & get health insurance minus brain damage. Ask Spencer Fisher & Gary Goodridge if it was worth it.

Reactions: Twc

mma retirements lol

Im surprised Bellator didnt want to keep him around. I guess this makes sense for him, he has a chance at $1 million rather than 10/10 contracts.

Back