Jamall Emmers has one of the most interesting resumes for a mid level journeyman

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Hes beaten

Cory Sandhagen
Alex Hernandez
Khusein Askhabov

They were a combined 30-0 before fighting Jamall altho the bulk was 23-0 Khusein.

He lost a razor thin SD to Giga Chikadze. You could argue he won rounds 2 and 3.

He also almost KOd and RNCd Pat Sabatani but somehow got heel hooked right after nearly finishing him.

Almost KOd Julian Erosa as well in a war but got dropped back and finished in the 2nd.

Very interesting fighter and career considering what he's done against these legit fighters win or lose. One of those fighters who's gonna be lost in history when he hangs them up but was def talented.

Reminds me of a Michael Johnson.

KO's Poirier, beats Ferguson and Barboza.

Loses to everyone else.

Trevin Jones is a recent funny one to me. KO's Mario Bautista and Timur Valeiv in his first two UFC fights, then has lost his shit. He's 13 - 9 and he beat two beast prospects (Valeiv - 18 - 3, Baustista 11 - 2) with like 2 losses between them.

He’s the type that you can’t look
Good against …. Just a tough solid journeyman

but lacks killer instinct … he should of finished the fight tonight

Loses to everyone else.

Trevin Jones is a recent funny one to me. KO's Mario Bautista and Timur Valeiv in his first two UFC fights, then has lost his shit. He's 13 - 9 and he beat two beast prospects (Valeiv - 18 - 3, Baustista 11 - 2) with like 2 losses between them.

Michael tho was a ranked LW for a while I think he was ranked as high as 6. At one point he was a big favorite against Nate Diaz. He was considered a top guy at LW years back. Also smoked JLau and Tibau. Robbed against Benny. Jamall most likely wont ever be ranked or pick up momentum as a top guy and will likely be released inside 2 years and forgotten.

Trevin is a good mention.

Khusein's name doesn't belong up there, it's notable only because of the 23-0 he had coming into the fight.

In actuality, he fought 13 milkmen & 10 uber drivers to pad that record up. <Lmaoo>

Emmers is a talented fighter and Khusein was incredibly overrated with a very padded record. He went 23-0 and I'm not sure he beat 1 legit fellow prospect let alone anyone established that was good. I and a few others called it, that Khusein may lose this and was padded while fools tried to compare Khabibs record and accomplishments pre UFC to Khuseins saying "no bro he's legit" I think a few even called that Khusein would lose.

Hes beaten

Cory Sandhagen

Alex Hernandez

Khusein Askhabov

They were a combined 30-0 before fighting Jamall altho the bulk was 23-0 Khusein.

He lost a razor thin SD to Giga Chikadze. You could argue he won rounds 2 and 3.

He also almost KOd and RNCd Pat Sabatani but somehow got heel hooked right after nearly finishing him.

Almost KOd Julian Erosa as well in a war but got dropped back and finished in the 2nd.

Very interesting fighter and career considering what he's done against these legit fighters win or lose. One of those fighters who's gonna be lost in history when he hangs them up but was def talented.
I like jamall he is good fighter that hasn't reached his peak. I believe this is the start of something special.

I like jamall he is good fighter that hasn't reached his peak. I believe this is the start of something special.

I dunno. He's been fighting for 11 years and is a 33yo FW.... History is not on his side as far as him not having reached his peak.

I dunno. He's been fighting for 11 years and is a 33yo FW.... History is not on his side as far as him not having reached his peak.
We will see. Just seems like he has the skills and is gonna get better. He literally stood toe to toe with a killer like Giga

Loses to everyone else.

Was also not far from beating Justin. He had him on wobbly legs in the first, I thought he was going to get finished for sure at the time.

Was also not far from beating Justin. He had him on wobbly legs in the first, I thought he was going to get finished for sure at the time.

Yep. I was shocked Justin survived. Pre fight trash talk was awesome at that press conference.

To be fair, All these Chechen fighters are overrated af. Kick them out of UFC, Bellator roster

Also made it into the 5th round against Moises, another decent enough guy.

Really weird record, I agree lol.

Yep. I was shocked Justin survived. Pre fight trash talk was awesome at that press conference.

Ironically Johnson has suffered a bit from same thing Justin suffered from in that fight. Swings so hard at times he leaves himself very exposed to the counter. Can just easily destroy someone as get destroyed.

Emmers is a talented fighter and Khusein was incredibly overrated with a very padded record. He went 23-0 and I'm not sure he beat 1 legit fellow prospect let alone anyone established that was good. I and a few others called it, that Khusein may lose this and was padded while fools tried to compare Khabibs record and accomplishments pre UFC to Khuseins saying "no bro he's legit" I think a few even called that Khusein would lose.
I'm curious, do you think khabib would've done well in the ufc if he waited four more years and fought 4 more cans? Personally I don't think his career would've been as good but he still would've been champ imo. But again it's pointless to use khabib as a counterexample because he is that kind of rare talent. It's like saying gamblers make great basketball players because of Michael jordan

I'm curious, do you think khabib would've done well in the ufc if he waited four more years and fought 4 more cans? Personally I don't think his career would've been as good but he still would've been champ imo. But again it's pointless to use khabib as a counterexample because he is that kind of rare talent. It's like saying gamblers make great basketball players because of Michael jordan

Well I don't think you can underrate a Sambo world championship, I think Sambo in general is arguably more competitive than regional MMA. Khabib fought so guys who turned out to be good like Eldar Eldarov, Ali Bagov and Shahbulat Shamhalaev but no, Khabibs career wouldn't have been nearly as impressive if he waited to get signed until he was 27. Islam also got signed at 23 to the UFC, Islam had fought much better fighters pre UFC though. I don't think its a risk to get signed young to the UFC, I think it's a risk to get signed older or to start your pro career older in general. Time is is so finite and small things can set you back a year in this game.

He’s a tier removed from someone like Damon Jackson or Dan Ige A grindy, dangerous and skilled journeyman that can’t exactly put it together once he meets contender level competition. He’s an exciting peripheral top 15-20 fighter which is what the roster needs for it’s prospects to see where they’re at.

Back