Media Jamahal Hill basically blames Herb Dean for his loss

"I kicked him in the balls and they didn't stop the fight, so then I got knocked out and it's the ref's fault" is certainly a new one to me.

Not a good look. Accept it and bounce back better, don't make excuses. Making excuses means you don't learn anything and won't try to get better for the next one.
This

Not a big enough change in the flow of the fight to whine about. I don’t think it was chaotic enough to have impacted the fight

Hill caused the infraction thus Its Poatens choice to accept the refs recoup /reset offer. He chose to not loose focus and ko Hill as a result.

Protect yourself at all times.
I knew someone would post 'protect yourself at all times' before i did, well done

Ya he's arguing that if you're in trouble you should foul because it would mean a 100% guaranteed reset. That's not happening, Hill did the foul, Poatan wanted to continue, and they still took a few steps before Alex KO'd him.

I've got no respect for Hill crying about the loss, the better fighters would admit they got caught and demand their own improvement, not blame someone else. I think Hill is in for a world of hurt when he realizes he is now going to have to fight one of Rakic, Ank, or Jiri to get back into contention. I don't predict it goes great for him.

Pathetic for OP and others to put words in Jamahal's mouth. DC wasn't being clear if it was Jamahal who said that, or if it was his DC's fam.

Nah fuck that Dc is full of shit here, Alex was the one being fouled. He shouldn't have to forfeit the cage position he's been actively working on. Cornering his prey against the fence is a common tactic for him. You shouldn't be able to just dick kick him for a guaranteed reset on positon. So especially since alex forfeited the need for a pause he should be allowed to keep his position

I hate to say it, but that was my original thought... very likely the result would have been the same but the referee Interference without a reset was a bit wonky

btw.... Poatan waving off the ref was the ultimate boss move I've ever seen in the cage.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Time!!..... Naw, Imma finish. I mean that was video game shit. Alex may be the coolest man on the planet.
Reminds me of the Mighty Mouse moment

"Why didn't he give me time to rest after I illegally kicked my opponent in the testicles? Is it because I'm black? I want a rematch."

Basically.

Herb is tentative in everything he does, being caught is two minds unsure whether to stop the fight, then being big brothered by the fighter who is supposed to “obey your command” is 100% textbook Herb Dean.

In principle I agree that these weird moments should not happen, but MMA refs in the UFC are terrible so what can you do.

Back