Jack swagger released

HectorG

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Is he young enough to give mma a shot? The UFC could use a young, American heavyweight.

UFC champ with 3 months of boxercise.

Is he young enough to give mma a shot? The UFC could use a young, American heavyweight.
34 going on 35 with a decent amateur wrestling background. Anything's possible.

Next bellator fight for Bobby lashley.....Book it.

Sonnen says he's sure Swagger is heading for MMA and promoters have already contacted Sonnen to get Jacks number.

Swagger could do good in Bellator or Rizin but UFC HW is murder compared to when Lesnar came in.

Sonnen says he's sure Swagger is heading for MMA and promoters have already contacted Sonnen to get Jacks number.

Swagger could do good in Bellator or Rizin but UFC HW is murder compared to when Lesnar came in.
UFC heavyweight is pathetic. A decent wrestler could go a long way.

Getting into MMA at this point would be risky. High level wrestler that hasn't competed in over ten years and no striking background. The college and moveset might not be the only similarities to Dr Death if he isn't careful. One good shot to the chin is all it takes to drop his stock.

I say he pokes his head into New Japan or NOAH for a few appearances, maybe see if El Patreon wants to do another short program somewhere. TNA (with Dutch Martell running things) will likely end up as his home. They just have introduce him right. Something about 'Murica or swagger, the first few notes of a Hendrix-esque Star Spangled Banner and he steps out to a crowd chanting "We the people *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap!"

UFC heavyweight is pathetic. A decent wrestler could go a long way.

It's a good division with well rounded dudes, any one of which can grab the belt on a given night. Nothing like it was previously. Swagger vs Cain? Werdum? JDS? Stipe? Reem?

Getting into MMA at this point would be risky. High level wrestler that hasn't competed in over ten years and no striking background. The college and moveset might not be the only similarities to Dr Death if he isn't careful. One good shot to the chin is all it takes to drop his stock.

I say he pokes his head into New Japan or NOAH for a few appearances, maybe see if El Patreon wants to do another short program somewhere. TNA (with Dutch Martell running things) will likely end up as his home. They just have introduce him right. Something about 'Murica or swagger, the first few notes of a Hendrix-esque Star Spangled Banner and he steps out to a crowd chanting "We the people *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap!"

Pretty sure that Dutch vomits on the thought of the We The People gimmick.

Pretty sure that Dutch vomits on the thought of the We The People gimmick.

Probably but money talks and bullshit walks. They can only do so much without getting an injunction FedEx-ed to them but even a version of his "All-American American" bit will get that from the crowd. Reinventing him past that would be difficult at best.

This is all. Correct

Probably but money talks and bullshit walks. They can only do so much without getting an injunction FedEx-ed to them but even a version of his "All-American American" bit will get that from the crowd. Reinventing him past that would be difficult at best.

I don't think Swagger left the WWE for less money to continue a shit gimmick elsewhere. That would be like Cody playing Stardust in TNA.

I'd like to release on Swaggers wife, Shanesworld stye.

I don't think Swagger left the WWE for less money to continue a shit gimmick elsewhere. That would be like Cody playing Stardust in TNA.

No. It would be more like Cody going back to the "Dashing" Cody Rhodes gimmick (which he wanted to do.) The All-American thing got Swagger over. The "Real American" thing got abandoned just in time before shit got too real but it's going to get chanted out so it has to get acknowledged.

Dude is no Roddy Piper on the stick so it's the big, athletic USA guy that makes a go of it or it's the big, athletic used-to-wrestle-in-college guy they feed to Lashley within a year. Having another guy or two (Ziggler, Dalton Castle) to be The American Band with coach Chael Sonnen could work pretty well, heel or face.

Swagger vs. Cain would be fun, Jack should goto ATT and train and use his wrestling wins over Cain as credibility for a one off type match. Hell if Punk got a shot, a legit All American like Swagger should be given a chance.

I would watch him in MMA. I would have said the same about Ziggler/Neman, but Swagger kicked him in the head at medium strength and Zigs was out a couple months.

Back