Jack Swagger / Jake Hager discusses the move from WWE to Bellator

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
  • Jack Swagger on Submission Radio regarding a fight with Brock Lesnar that will never happen:
    • “By compare wrestling techniques you mean that I can take Brock Lesnar down at will? Yes, then we compared wrestling techniques. I could close my eyes and tie one hand behind my back and I could bounce Brock Lesnar’s forehead off the mat if he ever, ever tried to wrestle with me (laughs).”
  • When it comes to pro wrestling, things sometimes don't go to plan, Jake explained how he had to teach a couple of lessons from time to time in the WWE ring:
    • “Oh yeah, absolutely. Sometimes the amateur wrestling doesn’t send the right message. Like, if you squeeze someone down and put the clamps on and they’re still like squirming a little bit, sometimes you just gotta use the old right hand to get them to calm down. You can ask Cesaro about this. I’m friends with Brodus Clay, but we were tagging with him on Raw one day and he just wasn’t getting the message. And like, Cesaro was hitting him pretty hard and tagged me in, and I started hitting him hard and he still wasn’t getting the message. So me and Tony just kind of looked at each other, and I mean, I hit him with everything I had and I’m pretty sure he went down (laughs).”
  • And although he hasn't had a chance to fight twice in 2018 as promised, he still plans on making his debut at the end of the year:
    • "I think I absolutely will fight in 2018. It’s too late now to fight twice in 2018. I got real busy with professional wrestling with Lucha Underground back at the beginning of the year. Bellator’s been great to work with. They allowed me to do that and continue making a name for myself outside the octagon, which just goes for miles and miles for someone that I want to work with. You know, it really means a lot when they make it easy and they make you feel like you’re wanted there.”
    • “We’re still planning on November, December of 2018 for Bellator.”
    • “In my mind, I’m gonna fight at the end of 2018. I’m gonna make a statement and then in a couple of months I’m gonna fight again since I’m already in the shape, I’ve already got the camp going.”

another A level athlete making the cross over. Hopefully he knows how to take a punch.

I keep forgetting they signed him. Would like to see him fight Lashley (although that won't happen).

Guy is gonna get wasted. Doesn't have the mentality. Already talking shit about "statement" fights. Bet he gasses three minutes into his first fight.

Back