prime andersons striking is better than izzy
the man literaly throws elbows knees front kicks
his jabs

one scary part of him is his ground game
his submission skills are considerd almost in par with his striking

izzy is literaly a poormans anderson

bro imagine a 32 year old andy vs a 41 yr old izzy
haha

Anderson is better than Izzy in every conceivable way.

Fights way past a fighters prime don't really prove much one way or the other. Your friend sounds like a casual moron.

Izzy's win over Silva doesn't mean anything. Silva was 43. The elite middleweights of today aren't going to still be on top when they are 43. I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy himself only has a few years left as an elite fighter.

I've been in a war with my buddy since Izzy beat Anderson about who the greatest 185er is, the discussion is kind of dead locked where every time I point out how much better Anderson was than his contemporaries it doesn't matter because Izzy won 2 rounds of a decision when he was 40. Am I a jackass holding on to the past or is my buddy a newfan that didn't feel what this vid made us feel?

Anderson is way better and is the greatest me of all time and that dispute isn't even close to being an argument ... Izzy number 2 but isn't even close to Anderson

Look at the facts Anderson mw run vs Izzy's Anderson's title defence streaks count vs Izzy's
Anderson's finish rate what was forest griffin ranked when Anderson went up to 205 and kod him..

Broken legged Andy also faught dc lhw 2 weeks notice and had him hanging on for his life

Izzy doesn't even have Anderson tied on defences so why do we even speak about it....

Every Izzy win now if he had the belt is just started his title defence streaks over anyhow..

Izzy faced way more competition than Silva. Whittaker, Romero and Alex would beat any Silva opponent besides maybe DC.

Love Izzy but Anderson is the man at MW. His reign was literally jaw-droppingly incredible at times.

Silva's timing, speed, reflexes, and creativity were on another level. He was doing matrix shit in there, shit that fans hadn't seen before or even thought of.
this is what distinguishes “really good,” or even “great” fighters from “all time great” fighters. those qualities you listed are so rare. they can’t be taught, only developed. all other things equal, these qualities make the difference. and that’s why a prime anderson silva will always have the edge against his contemporaries in the goat debates.

izzy has always been overrated. a very good, but not great champion who was very fortunate to have won so many ambiguous decisions and amass such a win streak.

Back