Izzy or Anderson

mountainbubs

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

I've been in a war with my buddy since Izzy beat Anderson about who the greatest 185er is, the discussion is kind of dead locked where every time I point out how much better Anderson was than his contemporaries it doesn't matter because Izzy won 2 rounds of a decision when he was 40. Am I a jackass holding on to the past or is my buddy a newfan that didn't feel what this vid made us feel?

Anderon Silva holds the record for the longest title reign in UFC history at 2,457 days.
Also, he doesn't dye his hair pink or play with his dog inappropriately
And that's what he does on camera.
Imagine the SUS behavior behind the scenes o_O.

At any rate I could get a multiple paragraph long responses for this on here from stupid nerds but while I think Silva is (was?) by far the more exciting fighter with a more storied career, I do think Izzy would point fight him to a decision prime vs prime (which Izzy is peaking now, better then when he first fought washed Silva) and that Izzy is the more compete modern MMA fighter(better takedown defense being a big factor here) .

Anderson still has a better record on paper though in terms of longevity, just think the game passed his style.
Definitely did peds too but so does titty Izzy and I don't give a shit about PED use anyways personally

Last edited:
And that's what he does on camera.
Imagine the SUS behavior behind the scenes o_O.

At any rate I could get multiple paragraph long responses for this on here from stupid nerds but while I think Silva by far the more exciting fighter with a more storied career, I do think Izzy would point fight him to a decision even prime vs prime and that Izzy is the more compete modern MMA fighter(better takedown defense being a big factor here) .

Anderson still has a better record on paper though in terms of longevity, just think the game passed his style.
Definitely did peds too but so does titty Izzy and I don't give a shit about PED use anyways personally

Yeah Izzy is an outstanding fighter. I believe he still has time to match Anderson's MW GOAT status
But he will never be beloved like Anderson, he is just too weird and does too many cringy stuff
Kind of like Cejudo

Yeah Izzy is an outstanding fighter. I believe he still has time to match Anderson's MW GOAT status
But he will never be beloved like Anderson, he is just too weird and does too many cringy stuff
Kind of like Cejudo
Oh yeah, he's got a bad vibe.

Also a dumbass with his UFO shit and new age conspiracies but I judge folks too much so whatever
o_O

Seems like a massive tool.
Nepo baby too from what I understand.

LOL.... 0/10 Thread...
wp2080116.jpg

Dind_teU8AAMA4p.jpg

Never question the GOAT Anderson.

Fake story, but you already know the answer: It's Anderson.

He was well past his prime when they fought and still managed to take a round.

Silva's timing, speed, reflexes, and creativity were on another level. He was doing matrix shit in there, shit that fans hadn't seen before or even thought of. He fought wrestlers and grapplers and submitted them and even had time for side quests at 205 when the UFC asked him to. (Remember, each fight at 205 was at the request of the UFC.)

Last edited:
Anderson was a devastating finisher who had a lot of his opponents dead in the water before they ever stepped in the octagon with him

Izzy has already lost his title and has a couple of decisions he won by the skin of his teeth

Even our brother Jon looked vulnerable much earlier in his run than Anderson but his dominance is and always will be unmatched.
Yeah Jones looked very vulnerable against Gus in their first fight.
But using his superior fight IQ and intellect, he fixed up his mistakes and destroyed him in the rematch.

Jones bless
Jones-vs-Gustafsson-2-Live-1664642.jpg

Back