Media !!! Its Time To Admit It Sher-Gods... Islam Makhachev Is Superior/Better Than Khabib !!!

That ko also shows lack of fight iq Khabib would never charge like that unless he saw a good opening. Islams stand up might look nicer but Khabib fought smarter and had a granit chin both things Islam fails to have much off.

Khabib and Islam both have shit striking but decent wrestling.

Topuria has both elite wrestling and striking.
I got to respectfully disagree, or we can agree to disagree.

IMO Khabib had slightly above average striking (And I'm talking about purely striking, without factoring in the fear factor of his elite grappling which indirectly made his striking more advantageous, ala the KD punch that he landed on conor). Most times, he just didn't need to go to plan B, C, D, E etc. because his plan A always worked. Josh Thomson among a few others, have mentioned that we just didn't ever need to see Khabib show more facets of his game. Interestingly though, he seemed to be getting more comfortable in his striking (like how Kamaru's striking kinda came into its own, around the Jorge-2 fight and the Burns fight) in the Gaethje fight, where I recall stabbing front kicks to the body of Gaethje. So I don't agree that he has "shit striking"

IMO Islam has elite striking. I wasn't convinced about his striking initially, I admit. But somewhere during the Moises/Bobby/Hooker stretch of fights, what I saw during the limited standup exchanges told me that Islam can stand and trade intelligently while being defensively sound. His striking is very clean and relies on the basics to get things done. To top it off (no pun intended as this topic is related to TOPuria), his head kick KO of Volk makes the notion of him having "shit striking" not make sense. He is very deadly.

You also said Khabib and Islam have decent wrestling while Topuria has elite wrestling. I disagree too and I hope you agree that all three have ELITE wrestling. If Topuria has elite wrestling and Khabib and Islam are just decent; doesn't make sense. Topuria has not needed to show too much of his wrestling in his last few fights (unlike in his earlier fights), and I still give him his elite wrestling compliment.

As a side note, I actually really hoped Topuria would win Volk (which I kinda regretted and felt bad after good guy Volk suffered a career-altering KO), but yea, just saying, I'm a Topuria guy too.

But I had to defend the Bib and Islam when I read that they are poor man's version/s of Topuria. Like, come on, this thread was trying to focus on Islam and Khabib and suddenly Topuria is thrown in the mix by you to bury these two; I ain't having any of that :p

I mean, we could just agree that all three are/were the elite of the elite in all facets of the game (but feel free to say that Khabib was not elite in striking).

It’s beneficial to think what we have now is the best we’ve had. It’s a symptom of ego. Khabib was miles better than Islam. The coach of that gym was his father and it showed imo. He was ferocious and unrelenting - Islam is too cerebral and his technique especially when striking is garbage. Khabib had cleaned it up by this point.

That ko also shows lack of fight iq Khabib would never charge like that unless he saw a good opening. Islams stand up might look nicer but Khabib fought smarter and had a granit chin both things Islam fails to have much off.

I don’t get this narrative about Islams striking. He just waits. He’s not got any decent technique or power, he’s just tactical with his wrestling as the real threat. I’ve seen him flailing in exchanges

I think he's more versatile. The game has evolved since Khabib's glory days. I hope he competes for longer than Khabib did.

Just the fact that Islam had one tough fight (against Volkanowski) makes him <Khabib, who realistically has never come close to losing.

Just the fact that Islam had one tough fight (against Volkanowski) makes him <Khabib, who realistically has never come close to losing.
Hold on just a minute..

Does Khabib have any KO wins? not tko...
Straight KO

Hold on just a minute..

Does Khabib have any KO wins? not tko...
Straight KO
Does Khabib have any KO losses? Islam does. UFC and Cormier would prob want you to forget about that. Only thing saving guys from death against Khabib is the referree pulling him off of them.

This never happened to Khabib..

tumblr_nvomsie9v41tugoyjo1_400.gif

It's just one of those things..
<WellThere>

End of thread and listening to DC

<WellThere>

End of thread and listening to DC
i CANT BELIEVE THIS..
Daniel DC Cormier who is their coach and training partner ...
He knows them personally..
We dont...

DC says Islam is better

Yet we wanna say otherwise... The world has gone crazy!

I'll value DC's analysis when I'm faced with the decision between the spicy sandwich of chicken tenders. Or if I need to eyepoke someone. Otherwise there's not a whole lot of utility to his input on anything

i CANT BELIEVE THIS..
Daniel DC Cormier who is their coach and training partner ...
He knows them personally..
We dont...

DC says Islam is better

Yet we wanna say otherwise... The world has gone crazy!

Don't say we.

<{MingNope}>

You were not around here prior to DC entering into MMA.

Personality goes a long way and Khabib had a weird charisma to him that Islam is lacking. Resume and skill wise, I think Islam is more well rounded and is very close if not has surpassed him.

More well rounded? Yes. Better? I don't think so,

Khabib is better on the ground. I think he would have finished Volk in that first fight if he had his back like that.

Khabib has better takedowns and is heavier in top position, has heavier ground and pound. Islam is nasty, but Khabib is just a bit ahead of him. I think Khabib has heavier hands too, but his standup isn't as refined.

Ironically, I think that could come back to haunt Islam. He might fall in love with his standup too much, like Fedor did. Khabib, while he hit hard, was trying to get you to the ground so he could maul you. He knew the assignment.

This is on point. I agree.

Too many here are hung up on cosmetics, as usual, missing the bigger picture.

Islam is more well rounded and a better striker. Khabib has more tools on the ground and much better submissions. They are very close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back