It's my Birthday (ask me anything)

P

Pugilistic

I'm now a 32 year old manlet living in Seoul, Korea. This puts me in a contemplative mood.

Had a party last night and I was surprised at how many people showed up. I was more surprised that a bunch of them brought gifts and cake. Then I got black out drunk. I really appreciated and was grateful for how fortunate I am to have these people in my life. Especially thinking back on how I used to be friendless and anti-social growing up. Several years back I planned to kill myself on my birthday although I obviously didn't go through with it. For the longest time I got very depressed and suicidal during my birthdays and since then, I my thoughts always reverted back to suicide on my birthday. I wanted to spend them alone and I usually coped by drinking copiously. Now I have a ton of friends to celebrate with. Even today one of the students I teach surprised me with a cake and another one bought me lunch. I'm truly blessed and grateful.
A blessed manlet.

So ask me anything.

Happy birthday.

Are you Korean?

Happy Birthday.

<{1-12}>

Did you get a PS4?

Happy Bidet! Don't forget to put a tooth under your pillow so I can replace it with a bottle cap when you sleep.

People celebrate their birthday past the age of 12?

Are you a manlet even among Koreans or do they look up to you?

anything ? many muricans have a love for guns, that seems like a mental illness to people not from there.

do you ever see the young people of your region of the world {and I include china in this} stopping the practises of eating dogs and tigers for whatever nonsense reason given ?

Happy birthday.

Are you Korean?

Si, soy coreano. Gracias.

Are birthdays as magical as people say they are???

It's an excuse to eat shitty food and get wasted. People also tend to give you free shit. So, yes.

Are you a manlet even among Koreans or do they look up to you?

Yes. I'm 5'5 and most Korean men my age are taller than me. Most women in their early 20s are taller than me as well.
I'm a manlet almost everywhere I go. The only place I wasn't a manlet was the Philippines.

anything ? many muricans have a love for guns, that seems like a mental illness to people not from there.

do you ever see the young people of your region of the world {and I include china in this} stopping the practises of eating dogs and tigers for whatever nonsense reason given ?

Well most people in my generation have never eaten dog. To people younger, it's almost unheard of. It's already a dying practice so yes. I can't speak for China. I've never heard of anyone eating tigers.

Happy Birthday.

<{1-12}>

Did you get a PS4?
I don't get the PS4 reference. And no :(

It's a day of sorrow for pigeons everywhere.

Does Korea have any unique birthday traditions?

Are there birthday years with any special significance?

Happy birthday.
What's it like being born in the first light of spring?

Have you ever tried dogmeat?
Yes. It's alright but not my favorite.

Does Korea have any unique birthday traditions?

Are there birthday years with any special significance?
The only tradition I can think of is getting hit by your friends as many time as your age. So your friends make a circle around you and punch or kick you a total of 20 times if you're turning 20. But it's mostly kids who do this.

Other than that, the first 100th day of a baby's life and your 60th birthday is considered special.

What's it like spending your birthday on Sherdog?
<mma4>

You get birthday sex?
Nope I never have actually even when I had a girlfriend. I'm just started seeing a girl recently and I didn't want to invite her to my party.

Happy birthday.
What's it like being born in the first light of spring?
Pretty good because now it's not cold anymore but it's not hot either.

Well most people in my generation have never eaten dog. To people younger, it's almost unheard of. It's already a dying practice so yes. I can't speak for China. I've never heard of anyone eating tigers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_penis_soup

glad to hear its a practise the younger people no longer support, or need to be part of.

another question if I may....carrying on from the question about height/manletisms.....would a 6'4/6''5 western really be a cause for the locals to stare at, if the walked thru a Seoul shopping Mall ?

oh, and happy birthday fella.

Last edited:
Back