Its gonna be a tough road for Lubin

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am sure Lubin is talented, and he probably can come back to some degree.

But that was bad........

I'm not sure where he goes from here.

But that was bad........

The same hole Kid Chocolate was hiding in for a couple of years after Jacobs got him with the one-hitter-quitter in round one.

But that was bad........

Yeah, it's really impossible for talented fighters to come back from an early KO loss, right?
Danny+Jacobs+JFrsw53wV-Qm.jpg

If he's meant to be a champion, he'll act like one now. If he's intends to break when things are bad, here's his opportunity. He should take a page from guys like Badou Jack and Adonis Stevenson who've taken first round T/KOs and got right back to work on climbing the ranks.

Yeah, it's really impossible for talented fighters to come back from an early KO loss, right?
Danny+Jacobs+JFrsw53wV-Qm.jpg

The hell?

Asking what he does next and saying it's impossible for him to come back are not the same thing at all.

Almost every fighter loses and has to make a comeback at some point. Getting knocked into epilepsy with one punch in the first round is fucking horrible but it's still just one fight. If he's smart he will take a long break and rest that traumatized brain then he can start his career all over again.

Jacobs was dropped bad but Lubin looked like he was getting electrocuted. It was honestly scary.

The hell?

Asking what he does next and saying it's impossible for him to come back are not the same thing at all.

That's just kind of how people communicate. Or don't, as it is.

Guy 1: I think that guy was wrong about that.
Unhinged Fella On The Internet 1: Why do you think he's literally the devil?!

That's just kind of how people communicate. Or don't, as it is.

Guy 1: I think that guy was wrong about that.
Unhinged Fella On The Internet 1: Why do you think he's literally the devil?!

True.

I wonder if throughout the history of time anyone has ever changed anyone else's mind about anything on the internet.

I doubt it.

The hell?

Almost every fighter loses and has to make a comeback at some point. Getting knocked into epilepsy with one punch in the first round is fucking horrible but it's still just one fight. If he's smart he will take a long break and rest that traumatized brain then he can start his career all over again.

Jacobs was dropped bad but Lubin looked like he was getting electrocuted. It was honestly scary.
So did montiel but he made the count. If you smack me with a clean shot I have no idea how I'd respond, I'm not sure what you're getting at?

True.

I wonder if throughout the history of time anyone has ever changed anyone else's mind about anything on the internet.

I doubt it.

Probably back in the early 1700's. More civil then, the internet was.

But that was bad........

He has to many bad habits right now and to young to beat Charlo, to small for Hurb for right now and not big enough yet to move up and beat GGG or Canelo.

Probably will steal a belt at 155 when Hud fights Charlo or Lara and when those other belts are vacant he would probably fight a lesser number 1 contender and win waiting for Charlo again or Hurd or Lara.

Can move down because he is a small 155 pound fighter and probably will steal a belt or a lesser belt because those belts are about to spread in different hands to many top fighters to make all the top dogs fight each other, like we would want them to do .

And he can beat some of those top fighters at 147, the word is still out on them on how good they are. Everyone is looking at Spence as the top dog at 147.

Lubin, Thurman and Garcia are all power punchers that like to open up but Spence is the more balanced boxer of the top dogs, at 147.

So he will be just fine he just has to fix his mistakes because he is still young.

Because he was hanging with Charlo not making stupid mistakes and nailed Charlo with a nice left hand, but just makes a mistake of ducking under a double jab and lowering his head and eliminating his vision, to be able to counter or see what was coming at him.

That KO wont ruin him at all because he is still young and doesn't care and only just got caught by making a mistake and knows he could fix it. It's not like he got the hell beat out of him and got out boxed and then stopped. Because he knows he was hanging with Charlo before his mistake.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you are treated like your the next best thing or Mayweather. Then you find out your not the one and not at Charlo, Hurd and Lara's Level yet but you still have time to get back and better because they are not the one either just have more experience then you just not as green.

Dam y'all talking like its the kids funeral in here.

Last edited:
There just wasn't time in the fight to tell anything other than the fact that Charlo has dumb power. I think Charlo threw two right hands the entire round before the hip-shot that landed, and Lubin only let the left hand go a couple of times as well. This fight literally says nothing about Lubin's ability in the future unless he somehow contracted career-altering damage from that one punch.

This fight literally says nothing about Lubin's ability in the future unless he somehow contracted career-altering damage from that one punch.
i don't think that's too far fetched. it was a pretty brutal finish.

hope he bounces back, though. as others have said, go the quillin route and take some serious time off.

Khan made a decent career and a decent living out of it in spite of the Prescott 1st round debacle. We'll see if Lubin has stones.

Back