News Islam ties Ferguson's record (longest winning streak at LW) & Khabib's 13 UFC win streak

Abdulmanap is the real GOAT.

This is his doing. What an amazing man! He spoiled us MMA fans with generational talents - Khabib, Islam, The Nurmagomedov Bros (Umar and Usman), etc. This sport would not be the same if it wasn't for him & his disciples.

RIP.

islam-makhachev-abdulmanap-nurmagomedov.jpg
They look like American boys without those beards.

Father's Plan...

If Usman comes over from Bellator, then expect Islam to move up to Welterweight.

Would make for some intriguing matchups.

Islam is too good for everyone at lightweight. I'd like to see him move up.

Nice, that said I truly believe Makhachev is better than Khabib because he's elite in 2 areas and thus has more ways to win, he's dangerous on the feet and he's got great wrestling.

Look how he dealt with Tibau and how Khabib dealt with Tibau, it was Islam's striking that won him the match against Volk in both fights.

If Islam can't take his opponent down, his striking is still dangerous, whereas Khabib's striking is decent but not great, he'll struggle with someone with outstanding TDD.

Nice, that said I truly believe Makhachev is better than Khabib because he's elite in 2 areas and thus has more ways to win, he's dangerous on the feet and he's got great wrestling.

Look how he dealt with Tibau and how Khabib dealt with Tibau, it was Islam's striking that won him the match against Volk in both fights.

If Islam can't take his opponent down, his striking is still dangerous, whereas Khabib's striking is decent but not great, he'll struggle with someone with outstanding TDD.
That was non roided Tibau that Islam fought. Islam I do think is a more powerful puncher/better striker,but Khabib is a more relentless savage

and Islam is probably going to set the record of most defenses at 155.

Agreed. He wants to go up to welterweight too, I really want Leon edwards vs him first. The fight is perfect for both.

Agreed. He wants to go up to welterweight too, I really want Leon edwards vs him first. The fight is perfect for both.
I'd like him to break the record for most defenses and then go up if he wants to. Seeing Leon get a few more defenses would make that potential fight much more bigger as well.

I'd like him to break the record for most defenses and then go up if he wants to. Seeing Leon get a few more defenses would make that potential fight much more bigger as well.

There's no one I want to see Islam fight at lightweight. Maybe Charles and that's it for now, but welterweight has ikram, khamzat, Leon and shavkat. All are very intriguing.

Needs to get a few more quality wins, Charles and Volk aside. But he looks set to surpass Khabib.
Justin is waiting in the wings and for all intent and purposes, might be the one to wrangle the belt from Islam.

Mo
There's no one I want to see Islam fight at lightweight. Maybe Charles and that's it for now, but welterweight has ikram, khamzat, Leon and shavkat. All are very intriguing.

justin G??

With Islam's win over Volk this saturday, Islam now has 13 straight wins In the UFC. He has a chance to pass Khabib's UFC streak in his next fight and also will tie Khabib's Defense record if he wins his next fight.

RIP to Abdulmanap - Legend!!

Khabib & Islam - 13 win streak
Tony Ferguson - 12 Win Streak
Charles Oliveira - 11 Win Streak

iu
Welcome back, @Peli !

With Islam's win over Volk this saturday, Islam now has 13 straight wins In the UFC. He has a chance to pass Khabib's UFC streak in his next fight and also will tie Khabib's Defense record if he wins his next fight.

RIP to Abdulmanap - Legend!!

Khabib & Islam - 13 win streak
Tony Ferguson - 12 Win Streak
Charles Oliveira - 11 Win Streak

iu
Super badass.

Abdulmanap is the real GOAT.

This is his doing. What an amazing man! He spoiled us MMA fans with generational talents - Khabib, Islam, The Nurmagomedov Bros (Umar and Usman), etc. This sport would not be the same if it wasn't for him & his disciples.

RIP.

islam-makhachev-abdulmanap-nurmagomedov.jpg

Back when I was in Brazil and still trained in BJJ, most training was pretty chill, and even prep for big tournaments was hard but not as hard as a regular day in a wrestlers life.

Truth of the matter is, nobody except maybe boxers trains as hard as wrestlers, and the Dagestani train really fucking hard even for wrestlers. The difference between how hard they train and how we trained in Brazil is night an day, especially when it comes to drilling and physical conditioning. It is not a surprise that they are so dominant.

That was non roided Tibau that Islam fought. Islam I do think is a more powerful puncher/better striker,but Khabib is a more relentless savage
True. They have very different styles considering they come from the same discipline. Khabib was a marauder and Islam is much more patient.

Reactions: HHJ
TS should specify "at LW"

Anderson Silva - 16 straight wins
Jon Jones = 19 straight wins, 29 if you ignore that bs. DQ against Hamill

Back