Media Islam Makhacev wants Arman next, then 170 pound title

I think with wins over Oliveira, Volk x2, Poirier, and Tsarukyan he'd be totally qualified to go for double champ. And I hate the whole double champ frenzy with guys calling for double champ before even winning their first belt, but Islam is that elite so it's legitimate. P4P #1 with 4 defenses and having beat all viable challengers is totally good to try for double gold

sarcasm not one of your strong reads.

I'm great at sarcasm. It is just that your sarcasm sounded too much like something islam fans would actually say in an attempt to justify islam's statement of "having nothing left at LW"

<Fedor23>

He defended twice... <{hughesimpress}>
Yes against One FW. Still at Zero for defenses against LWs. Sorry but it is true. I like Islam as a fighter and its not 100% on him but he had Gamrot as the backup for his cancelled Oliveira fight so why did he choose a FW on short notice? Also he is almost 2 year in as LW champ and he is fighting at snails pace. 3 fights in 2 years and we can't even be sure if he will fight again before his self imposed Ramadan break of 3 or so months. Not going to surpass Khabib or even Frankie or BJ Penn at this rate.

0 LW title defenses against a ranked LW fighter, now gets another lay up match up, against a dude who beat a guy who had staph, and before that got viciously head kicked KO'd, against a guy who just got viciously face planted KO'd by a natural feather weight.

Easy ass title defense, then wants to fight someone for real. Doubt. He'lll beat DP so easily, then ESPN+ and Bokamoto will kiss his ass, and then he'lll go up to 170, all while ESPN+ proclaims Islam as the greatest 155'er ever of all time. Yawn.

What a fuckin shit champ. Fight 145ers and chump change 155''ers who are gifted title shots.
Oliveira, RDA and Dariush all pulled out of fights forcing Islam to fight lesser opponents.

Volk was better than any LW contender, and Islam dominated Oliveira, will dominate Poirier, and will likely beat Arman again.

Would you seriously rather watch Islam steamroll Gamrot/Gaethje than fight Edwards/Shavkat?

Oliveira, RDA and Dariush all pulled out of fights forcing Islam to fight lesser opponents.

Volk was better than any LW contender, and Islam dominated Oliveira, will dominate Poirier, and will likely beat Arman again.

Would you seriously rather watch Islam steamroll Gamrot/Gaethje than fight Edwards/Shavkat?
Volk isn't better than any LW contender. If Volk was that good, dude wouldn't be cutting weight to fight at FW. Dude is ducking Charles big time. But hey, DC dominated Stipe in the 1st fight, same with Usman. Not to mention Matt Serra over GSP. 1 fight is all that is needed.

Any way you slice it, Islam is a shit champ. Wanting to fight everyone but LWs and ducking everyone for months every year.

Not many title defenses at LW. If he moves up ,he should stay up.

4 title defenses definitely warrants moving up. He’s earned it for sure by that point.

Islam slowly climbing that ladder to GOAT status every day IMO. I love his ambition. Taking no shortcuts either.

Maybe he can a job at Smithsonian where he dresses up as Abraham Lincoln. He already looks a bit like him. Granted, he’ll need to get on some lifts, since Honest Abe was about a foot taller than him.

Islam won Belt in 2022 has fought twice since agsinst Volk (a feather weight) an not a single LW In almost 2 years .

IM is grest fighter he just never fights. Best you can really hope for is 3 fights in 2 years .

He has plenty of opponents at LW . If Shav wins strap before he jumps I think he loses some of his vigor to move.

Fact he didn't fight Gaethje armen or rematch charles yet, He's had plenty of time to fight one of these three. I assume Armen will get booked against someone else, Leaving islam to fight the winner of paddy vs Moicano as that will be the highest ranked fight available.
The only reason Islam-Arman 2 hasn't happened yet is solely because of Arman. Every time the fight has been offered to Arman he has declined it and at every chance Islam has accepted it.

The only reason Islam-Arman 2 hasn't happened yet is solely because of Arman. Every time the fight has been offered to Arman he has declined it and at every chance Islam has accepted it.
Because they offer that fight when he can't take it.

Its improvement at least. He previously said he was gonna retire if they dont give him 170 pound shot after the 1st or 2nd Volkanovski fight

Khabib's dad may have been a legendary coach and analyst, but holy hell is his camp full of primmadonnas.
Hopefully Shavkat takes the belt to shut Islam's ass up about moving up.

Back