"Islam is famous for defending against 45'ers"

The Max hype train will die down quickly... great performance though.

He really wanted that $600k and showed it.

Islam would manhandle Max - not even close.

I like the part where you completely ignored that Dustin in no way deserves a title shot.
Did Colby deserve a title shot? Did Sean O’Malley deserve his title shot? Did Chito deserve a title shot? Quote your posts where you were shitting on those champs for fighting undeserving opponents. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit, we all know what this is about.

The current #1 contender is actually Arman who Islam only barely decisioned 5 years ago on Arman's short notice debut before Arman got striking.
Nothing "barely" about it. I mean congrats to Arman on not losing any 10-8s, but it was 30-27 on all 3 cards and 20/24 of the media scores. Arman mounted no offense, got 11/12 of TDs stuffed and taken down 4 times himself.

They were both given 5 weeks notice, and Arman had tape to watch while Islam didn't, and it was before Islam had striking too, which is now levels better than Arman's. Arman is just a shorter, lesser version of Islam without any subs. Short of maybe a lucky punch, he has no way to win.

What is Arman's path to victory?
Out muscling Islam in the wrestling exchanges. If he gets top position his GnP could finish Islam and in the striking, Islam is more technical but Arman has more variety and deceptive power.

Nothing "barely" about it. I mean congrats to Arman on not losing any 10-8s, but it was 30-27 on all 3 cards and 20/24 of the media scores. Arman mounted no offense, got 11/12 of TDs stuffed and taken down 4 times himself.

They were both given 5 weeks notice, and Arman had tape to watch while Islam didn't, and it was before Islam had striking too, which is now levels better than Arman's. Arman is just a shorter, lesser version of Islam without any subs. Short of maybe a lucky punch, he has no way to win.
As a huge Islam fan Arman is physically the stronger guy imo. The fight is likely a grind unless someone gets in a KO out of nowhere.

Did Colby deserve a title shot? Did Sean O’Malley deserve his title shot? Did Chito deserve a title shot? Quote your posts where you were shitting on those champs for fighting undeserving opponents. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit, we all know what this is about.
Didn't the majority of everyone shit on Colby and Chito getting title shots? Everyone I know knew those were undeserved.

I like the part where you completely ignored that Dustin in no way deserves a title shot.
Dustin is actually coming off a win.
Charles and Dustin lost last night.
Those are like the only guys that would be ahead of him for the title shot.

Out muscling Islam in the wrestling exchanges. If he gets top position his GnP could finish Islam and in the striking, Islam is more technical but Arman has more variety and deceptive power.
If he's counting on winning the wrestling exchanges against Islam, he's in deep shit. He just went to split decision with Charles and got caught in 3 or 4 close subs while offering none himself, and lost the grappling to Gamrot, and Islam is twice the wrestler either of those guys are.

Seems more like hoping for something miraculous than it does having a reliable path to victory outside of a lucky punch landing.

Islam also fought through Staph infection that fight.

If he's counting on winning the wrestling exchanges against Islam, he's in deep shit. He just went to split decision with Charles and got caught in 3 or 4 close subs while offering none himself, and lost the grappling to Gamrot, and Islam is twice the wrestler either of those guys are.

Seems more like hoping for something miraculous than it does having a reliable path to victory outside of a lucky punch landing.
Arman literally said in one of the post fight interviews (I think with Megan) that his game plan is to stay away from wrestling with Islam and to keep it standing. Doesn’t sound like someone who was “muscling” through Islam lol

Didn't the majority of everyone shit on Colby and Chito getting title shots? Everyone I know knew those were undeserved.
That my point, the majority shit on the undeserving contender not the champ! This turd I replied to is choosing to blame Islam for the fact that DP got a title shot. Nobody blamed Sean O’Malley for Chito getting an undeserved shot. Nobody blamed Leon for Colby getting an undeserved shot. Usually people blame the promotion OR the undeserving fighter. Just pure hateration.

Islam vs Arman II

Topuria vs Holloway

Poatan vs Ankalaev

These gotta be what's next.
Arman is a poor man's Islam. Islsm wins easily

Topi takes Max Down an wears him out . He won't stsnd with Max longer thsn needed. Great fight tho n should be fun for a,while.

Alex v Ankalev is a toss up. I slightly favor Alex as Anakslev likes to stand he stands with Alex he goes out.. great fight

Islam is a great wrestler but he's no Khabib, he's highly technical but he struggles with top control and even in their first fight it was close until Arman gassed.

Charles can pull submissions out of nowhere, that's is speciality. Chris Wade had Islam in a similar position earlier in his career. Arman is not a submission artist, if anything his grappling is more like Khabibs than Islam's is. He's also probably the best GnP guy in the division.

I don't think Islam's wrestling is as good as you make it out to be, he is probably the best in the division but not absurdly better than anyone. He had a hard time with the likes of Arman, Moises and Volk who are probably the only 3 guys with a ground game.

This fight likely ends up being a striking battle. Islam is more technical, makes fewer mistakes, where as Arman is more explosive.

This call out doesn't hit quite so hard when the one 145er Islam defended against is the same guy who chased Max out of the division.
Not really.
He's been in 145 after the trilogy knocking off all the contenders.
Every defense volk had that wasnt max either jumped max or also lost to max.

Max vs Conor
Islam vs Conor
Colby vs Conor
Jones vs Conor
Fedor vs Conor
Conor vs Conor

Book it dana

Back