Is Zabit the biggest guy to ever fight at Featherweight?

Kertol

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The dude is 6'1 & 1/2 and has muscle on him. At that height in FW you would think he would be scrawny but he isn't. Looks about the same size and build as Condit. Maybe that's his plan? Be the first guy to to win belts in more than 2 divisions?

People go on to talk about about Holloway and Moicano being big meanwhile Zabit is even bigger. Even his last opponent Brandon Davis who is a big FW himself looked noticeably undersized against him.

It really is true that the guys fighting now are bigger than the guys who fought in the same divisions in the past.

Have you seen the new crop of FWs? Zabit is soon to be an average sized dude, there are bigger 145ers out there. Did you see the last Michael Johnson fight?

Maybe one of the tallest, but not the biggest

I remember when Aldo fought Jonathan Brookins who was 6 feet tall and at least 170 pounds. Guy got destroyed though.
vhcnWgG.gif
Conor is probably bigger than Zabit in mass
conor-mcgregor-jose-aldo-663034 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Zabit is tall but not very wide. There are probably a lot of FW fighters that cut as much or more than him.

Probably the most balanced between lanky and muscled.

Myles Jury comes to mind.

Dan Hooker was similarly sized... and is now doing way better at 155.

He looks like a Hobo Abraham Lincoln

Dan Hooker was probably bigger. That would have been a perfect step up for Zabit at FW right now.

Diego Sanchez fought at featherweight.

Will Chope was a 6'4'' featherweight. Think he fights at lightweight now

Jesus.. How maybe this is why he has negative zero power in his strikes and kicks..

He's up there. James Vick at LW is ridiculous. The dude is 6'3" and has some muscle mass on him too. Not sure what he rehydrates to but he looks like he would be a solid 180 lbs. I don't know how he cuts to 155.

I disagree with people saying there are some other guys bigger at FW. Only Hooker maybe looks bigger to me.

Zabit has to be at least 170lbs in the cage from looking at him.

He is pretty scrawny for his height, but it doesn't really matter. Super skilled and uses his frame to his advantage.

A giant.I love Zabit but he's not the biggest at all and this is an older pic so i'm kinda juicing the numbers but still.I watched Zabit for a few years before he came to the UFC and he's been packing on the pounds so he's getting up there but I doubt he weighs as much fight night as even an Anthony Pettis type.
images

Yeah he is lanky but has big tits tho unlike Vick, Roop and the boooyyyzzz

A giant.I love Zabit but he's not the biggest at all and this is an older pic so i'm kinda juicing the numbers but still.I watched Zabit for a few years before he came to the UFC and he's been packing on the pounds so he's getting up there but I doubt he weighs as much fight night as even an Anthony Pettis type.
images

Damn, he looked a lot smaller back then.

Disgusting that he won’t fight people his own size, big weight cutters like Zabit should quit being cowards and fight in the right weight class.

Back