Is your new computer really determined to sell you software?

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does it feel like all your computer wants you to do is buy more programs?

And when did it become OK for them to install so much advertising in something we're already spending thousands of dollars on?

I get that you can pay more to get an ad free machine.

The whole thing just pisses me off.

THEY CHARGE FOR SOLITAIRE NOW.

This burning desire to squeeze every last nickle out of me is getting old.

One last thing...

REMOVE MCAFEE should be a single painless button that gets the job done.

The way it's installed should be illegal.

And when did it become OK for them to install so much advertising in something we're already spending thousands of dollars on?

One last thing...

They seriously charge for the previously free preloaded solitaire?

They seriously charge for the previously free preloaded solitaire?

Oh, it's even worse than it sounds

They install a crap version that is loaded with ads encouraging you to buy the old version. They even tell you that the version you pay for will be free of ads.

One last thing...

Yup.

My pet peeve is the bloatware you cannot remove without voiding warranties even though you bought and own the computer or cell phone.

I pay $900 for my cell phone and its not my choice to remove an app I will never use??

Oh, it's even worse than it sounds

They install a crap version that is loaded with ads encouraging you to buy the old version. They even tell you that the version you pay for will be free of ads.

{<doc}
<{hfved}>

I dont use windows 10

I'm still on Windows 7 and dont see myself upgrading any time soon

One last thing...

Get ready to be accused of sounding like an old man...

Yup.

My pet peeve is the bloatware you cannot remove without voiding warranties even though you bought and own the computer or cell phone.

I pay $900 for my cell phone and its not my choice to remove an app I will never use??

Crazy what's acceptable.

I dont use windows 10

I'm still on Windows 7 and dont see myself upgrading any time soon
Same. Holding onto my windows 7 for as long as I can and playing my free jojo’s fashion show lol

That happened right around the same time people began equating the amount of money a person makes with their value as a human being. So around the early 2000s.

That happened right around the same time people began equating the amount of money a person makes with their value as a human being. So around the early 2000s.

I feel like people started equating the amount a person makes with their value as a human being way earlier than that. Regional variation, maybe.

Can't remember the last time I used a PC that was fresh bought with shit on it. Always build my own, or reformat with a fresh install of base Windows. Bloatware has always been outrageous, but in this day in age, ads are all but normal and super intrusive.

I feel like people started equating the amount a person makes with their value as a human being way earlier than that. Regional variation, maybe.

I'm sure they did. But it didn't happen en mass in the US until then. Before, we used to joke about people who thought that way. Now, people worship them.

Can't remember the last time I used a PC that was fresh bought with shit on it. Always build my own, or reformat with a fresh install of base Windows. Bloatware has always been outrageous, but in this day in age, ads are all but normal and super intrusive.

This. And there are a TON of build guides and videos out there telling you what to do, providing parts lists, etc. There's even a build/buy thread here http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...nking-of-your-router-as-a-peripheral.2877637/ with links within to previous versions and here's the new one http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...my-power-supply-burned-down-my-house.3514139/ all with info that may prove useful.

My non-techie uncle managed to build his own decent rig and he's pushing 70.

Good luck!

reinstall windows if its a pc

I don't think new computers typically come with a base windows installer. Most I think just come with a 'restore' option which I assume just restore it to what it was when you get it in the store.

So you'd need to find a windows installer from somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back