is Volk the best FW ever?

How do you think prime Aldo beats 2022 Volk? As in, specifically how... decision/KO/sub?

Purposefully avoiding going down that resume vs resume rabbithole. I only mean: who beats who in a single fight. I would favor 2022 Volk to not just beat every FW in history, but to dominate.

I think peak Aldo still wins back when he still had his kicking game he was better.

I choose Aldo but Volk and Holloway make sense too. Best ever is subjective and really depends on when you started watching the sport.

How do you think prime Aldo beats 2022 Volk? As in, specifically how... decision/KO/sub?

Purposefully avoiding going down that resume vs resume rabbithole. I only mean: who beats who in a single fight. I would favor 2022 Volk to not just beat every FW in history, but to dominate.
decision most likely
i dont think either would ko each other

Even with Aldo's great TDD at Featherweight, Islam would take him down with ease and just submit him. I count Aldo's chances at about 25%.
the size difference ofc plays a big role for Islam, but prime aldo movement was too sharp. unfortunately we wont see that

The Aldo that beat Frankie at UFC 200 would beat any version of Volk
Nah hard disagree there.

How though? Prime Aldo vs Prime Volk... Aldo can't KO him, and most certainly can't outpoint him IMHO. I am shocked multiple people think he could. UD via low kicks? Highest level we saw that work was Faber / Volk is a completely different animal.
I think peak Aldo still wins back when he still had his kicking game he was better.
Volk via better distance management and ring IQ. IMO.
Connie is better
Not a chance against 2022 Volk. Ring IQ and defense far too good and he can dictate where the fight takes place.
decision most likely
i dont think either would ko each other
See above / I agree on decision but don't think it goes Jose's way

Nah hard disagree there.

How though? Prime Aldo vs Prime Volk... Aldo can't KO him, and most certainly can't outpoint him IMHO. I am shocked multiple people think he could. UD via low kicks? Highest level we saw that work was Faber / Volk is a completely different animal.

Who says he can't KO him? Who says he doesn't land a body shot and drop him and finish up on the ground like he did to Stephens?

Volk wouldn't dominate a prime Aldo early but would probably win a decision. To me prime Aldo is before the Hominick scare which caused him to greatly revise his game and he stopped doing the things that got him to the top. Decent shot Aldo can knock Volk out though or collect the first 3 before losing the last 2 also.

I slightly favor Volk. He doesn't nor has he ever had Max's chin or ability to pressure, it'd be a different fight. Also 145lb Conor would be trouble for Volk.

Who says he can't KO him? Who says he doesn't land a body shot and drop him and finish up on the ground like he did to Stephens?
The same reason why he could do it vs Stephens is why he can't vs Volk IMO.

Relative levels of ring IQ, distance management, striking defense.

Back