is Volk the best FW ever?

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think so. I think the version of Volk that fought Max last (July 2022) destroys every FW in human history. So that is the angle I'm coming from in this thread... not best resume but best fighter at FW, period.

The only reason I bring this up is because, statistically speaking, it is very likely that prime Volk will no longer exist. Is there any example of someone older than 36 at FW specifically maintaining a top level? I'd love for Volk to be the first but I don't know of a historical example. July 2022 Volk steamrolls any Topuria by the way, but I worry if Volk goes on a down-slide due to father time people will forget his actual greatness. Even if Volk loses 5 fights in a row, I won't forget that 2022 Volk was in another universe in terms of skill, drive, and heart at FW: the best FW ever.

Always interesting to see the psychology of a legend. The variables predicting success/happiness in his head is solely activity vs non-activity, as if he can't even conceptualize the possibility that he is getting older. Champ mentality. Hope he runs through Topuria but history makes me nervous for it / war Volk.

If you are not going for resume but who would win, then the best ever would change every decade so i think best of is era is better.

Volks the fw goat. Too bad he decided to chase the lw belt and take away opportunities to increase his defense streak.

No, Aldo has more title defenses and more ranked wins at FW.

Aldo imho.
Prime Aldo X Prime islam would be a hell of a fight. Not sure who to pick
How do you think prime Aldo beats 2022 Volk? As in, specifically how... decision/KO/sub?
No, Aldo has more title defenses and more ranked wins at FW.
Purposefully avoiding going down that resume vs resume rabbithole. I only mean: who beats who in a single fight. I would favor 2022 Volk to not just beat every FW in history, but to dominate.

Yeah obviously. The other guy got cucked for months and slept in 13 seconds

Aldo’s takedown defense is absurdly good. No one else compares besides Renan Barao and Usman. Volk tends to get hit more often as well. However, Volk would supersede Aldo if he defends against Topuria and Movsar.

aldo has a longer resume
conor only needed 1 round to win the belt, and 2 rounds to be double champ

but there is a case for volk since he is undefeated at FW and has been running through people there.

The Aldo that beat Frankie at UFC 200 would beat any version of Volk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back