Is Vince Carter a first ballot HOFer?

Wince always had the best windmill dunks

He put on a really good performance at that one dunk contest, and led the Raps yo 45 wins the same season, so he should probably be in.

It early in the season, and he's playing a reserve role obviously....but his percentages so far this year match some of his career high averages. He ain't playing like the oldest man in the league, he's dropping 20 points and playing like the 6th man of the year

He'll go in first ballot for sure but to me personally hes borderline. IMO its the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good and I think he fits the very good category. Not quite great on offense and shouldve been better on defense.

Drexler was one of the best in game dunkers you'll ever see.

These shertards never saw him because they started watching basketball in 2000.

Last edited:

Never really liked Drexler's dunks, didn't have enough power in them. Kemp, McDyess and Sprewell were my favorite dunkers from the 90s.

And if you were trying to get your hipster points, should have gone with someone like Melvin Levett or Terence Stansbury, not some hall of famer everyone has seen play.

Never really liked Drexler's dunks, didn't have enough power in them. Kemp, McDyess and Sprewell were my favorite dunkers from the 90s.

Drexler was all about the Glide in the air but he threw down vicious dunks on big men. That was literally his thing.

Not sure how Drexler's dunk is any different than the ones you posted Jcans

Now that we're off the original thread topic, Nique is the best in game dunker of all time

Forgive the millennial cans who never witnessed players like Clyde Drexler or Alonzo Mourning in their hey day. What a shame.

Forgive the millennial cans who never witnessed players like Clyde Drexler or Alonzo Mourning in their hey day. What a shame.

I'm not old enough to have watched Connie Hawkins or ABA NEts era Dr. J but I can see that they were throwing down ridiculous dunks on guys 40 yrs ago.

Guys here acting like Clyde is the equivalent of Dolph Schayes shooting set shots in the 1940 is laughable.

Absolutely. Not many 8x NBA All-Stars don't make 1st ballot. Vince went from a flashy dunker/attacker and gradualy reinvented himself to extend his career and become #6 on the NBA career list for 3pm, all while being a career 19 ppg scorer (21 fkn seasons). In the middle there as he was evolving from dunker to 3pt shooter and had become a bit of both, you had a very complete scorer in the mid 20s ppg on solid efficiency. At his peak in 2005 with the Nuts he put up 28/6/5 on 56% TS. His career longevity + peak prime get him in for me

Vinces peak 05? It was 01 IMO, he was prolly the best non Shaq offensive player that season unless u heavily weigh Kobes playoff run (and Vince still didnt have someone like Shaq to take defensive attention off him). Ray isnt far behind but it think Vinces athleticism and slashing make him a more dynamic offensive player. He put up similar numbers but cant ignore no JKidd in 01. Plus his advanced stats were clearly superior in 01 and he led the league in Offensive Box Plus Minus.

He had a very good postseason as well, played 2 of the top 5 defenses in the league and performed well. Decrease in efficiency but thats expected and he outplayed MVP Iverson H2H

No question he is the greatest in game dunker of all time.He will finish top 20 all time in points with 19.7 career ppg and without winning a title is he still a first balloter?

Hell to the no. Selfish player. DIdnt make his teammates better.

Back