Is turning a broken drawer into a cubby on a mid century dresser acceptable?

Is what I did to this dresser acceptable since the drawer was already completely broken?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should have used it for target practice.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RockstarChris

Dwight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
I got this mid century dresser for $10 and the 2nd drawer was broken so I turned it into a cubby. Is this acceptable or is my drunk sounding customer below correct?

This is what I have to deal with every day.

The conversation:

Customer - "Di you have the sides of drawer so it canbe repaired. If I have to totally make,new drawrsides and tracks I will not pay 90."

Me - "no sorry, the area where the drawer was I turned into a cubby."

Customer - "stop doing this to antiques know what to do this stuff to not antiques nobody's going to buy this like this Go destroy some new particle board furniture"

Me - "Everything eventually sells."

Customer - "I know it won't because they're going to come over there and pick about that you know don't be surprised if you don't have to handle the way for like $10 or something"

Me - "Ok, I hope you have a good day."

The furniture item being discriminated against:

If it's broken and turning it into a cubby is the easiest way to get a functional piece back out of it then I wouldn't be too bothered, but in this case you didn't even refinish the interior of the side panels which would be a hard pass from me. So as it sits: looks like crap.

at least it is solid wood so i can just toss it into the wood pile

Did you give her directions to IKEA?

Since when does a Craigslist buy become Antiques Roadshow?

Was the customer having a stroke while talking to you? Jesus Christ

This just might be the WOAT thread

Illegal in 5 states. Where do you live bro?

Back