Is Trump a historical liar?

One issue here is that despite what conventional wisdom tells us, the typical politician is actually far more honest than the typical American. Part of the reason for that (not the only reason, IMO) is that they face a lot of scrutiny from the media over everything they say. But Trump isn't affected because he knows his followers just assume any negative coverage is "fake news". And on top of that, he's a lying sleaze (like, even if Obama didn't have scrutiny, I'd expect him to be a pretty honest dude). Some people are just like that.

Trump creates his own truth he doesn't have time for your pleb groupthink

But for real, im not sure Trump really realizes he's lying. I think he actually believes what he says

The guy who coined the phrase "truthful hyperbole"? Gee, let me think.

But but but... What about if you like your doctor?

103 lies? Is he sure that's not the first month? Seems super light.

I don't mean to be that guy in a thread like this but I really do think he's a much bigger liar than that even suggests!

i always said that voting for trump is like voting for dana white. dontbelievehislies.jpeg

This also doesn't price in his dishonesty which may not qualify as an outright lie. On a daily basis Trump will say or tweet several suggestive things that are meant to mislead or be suggestive, adding to his sliminess.

I have no problem with the disparity, but Obama only told 18 falsehoods in 8 years..
.<DontBelieve1>

I bet his golf graph looks about the same

Lmao, that trump graph almost makes it look like there's barely enough time for the lies. Like, he's nearing the planck time between lies. He will need to start telling superpositions of lies to tell any more.

One issue here is that despite what conventional wisdom tells us, the typical politician is actually far more honest than the typical American. Part of the reason for that (not the only reason, IMO) is that they face a lot of scrutiny from the media over everything they say. But Trump isn't affected because he knows his followers just assume any negative coverage is "fake news". And on top of that, he's a lying sleaze (like, even if Obama didn't have scrutiny, I'd expect him to be a pretty honest dude). Some people are just like that.

hahahahahahaahah LOLOLLOLOLOLOLO

Lmao, that trump graph almost makes it look like there's barely enough time for the lies. Like, he's nearing the planck time between lies. He will need to start telling superpositions of lies to tell any more.

He can lie himself Back to The Future.

hahahahahahaahah LOLOLLOLOLOLOLO
Laugh all you want but that post makes perfect sense if you're actually thinking about it. I can't even count the number of bullshitters in business and otherwise who I come across daily. I bet the average number of times per day a person lies is in double digits.

All politicians lie quite a bit. It's part of the job description.

Most of them can't get away with making up or lying about facts.. but they certainly have the market cornered on lying about what they are going to and their promises are bullshit 75 percent of the time. Saying one thing, and doing another is par for the course.

But yes, I agree, Trump will try to get away with lying about facts and unfortunately a lot of people believe him even when he's called on it.

Laugh all you want but that post makes perfect sense if you're actually thinking about it. I can't even count the number of bullshitters in business and otherwise who I come across daily. I bet the average number of times per day a person lies is in double digits.

You have surrounded yourself, with entirely the wrong people, if that is true.

All politicians lie quite a bit. It's part of the job description.

Most of them can't get away with making up or lying about facts.. but they certainly have the market cornered on lying about what they are going to and their promises are bullshit 75 percent of the time. Saying one thing, and doing another is par for the course.

But yes, I agree, Trump will try to get away with lying about facts and unfortunately a lot of people believe him even when he's called on it.

I think people lie a lot, politicians less than most. Also, most politicians at least try to keep their promises. Haven't seen a study on lower offices, but at the presidential level, the normal success rate is around 70%, and the normal attempt rate is around 100%. What Trump is is more of a regular, sleazy guy in a position where we normally expect someone of very high character.

This also doesn't price in his dishonesty which may not qualify as an outright lie. On a daily basis Trump will say or tweet several suggestive things that are meant to mislead or be suggestive, adding to his sliminess.

This.

The criteria for the graph-
"counting only demonstrably and substantially false statements."

So this is only a tiny fraction of Trump's bullshit.

Back