Is this the worst Sky PPV of all time?

they have always had terrible cards for PPVs

Not awful.
Don't know about Sky but there have certainly been worse ppvs

Josh Kelly has a lot of hype behind him. I hope he puts on a great performance.

Really hoping Joseph makes this a memorable event by taking out AJ.

it costs more to buy a pizza in some joints than this will cost, not a bad card at all, and if you dont like it, dont pay

it costs more to buy a pizza in some joints than this will cost, not a bad card at all, and if you dont like it, dont pay
I haven't checked guides but this is probably a $60 PPV in Australia. We get robbed blind, yet promoters and broadcasters wonder why piracy is rife...

Is this on PPV in the States?
I was assuming it was just regular HBO

I take it the OP doesn't remember the Bellew vs Cleverley rematch PPV? A non-title 12 rounder between two domestic level fighters who both, two fights previous, had been completely mullered at proper world level (Adonis Stevenson & Kovalev doing the job, respectively). Staged mouth-offs & choreographed shoving, a bit of "Oh, this one's personal" from the UK press, et voila.

Joshua has so much name recognition in the UK that IIRC his fight with Eric bloody Molina was on PPV, so of course Fast Eddie wasn't going to put a unification fight (as laughable as this fight's status is) on regular cable.

PPV in general, of course, is mostly a piss-take.

It is a shit card but it is what it is! I’m a fan of Burnett but this fight doesn’t appear to be competitive, same as the rest of the card. That’s my issue. I’ll will be buying it to watch the main event and laugh at price for getting kod by a pawing jab

Price could be killed in that fight and I’m not joking.

It’s an embarrassing card, zero competitive match ups. Glad I’m not going.

Price could be killed in that fight and I’m not joking.

It’s an embarrassing card, zero competitive match ups. Glad I’m not going.

I generally don’t complain about ppvs, 20 Quid for an evenings entertainment is good value and I’m happy to see these fellas getting paid with the risks they take. But I do agree, there are literally no competitive fights. I’ll watch the Burnett fight but I’ll probably be getting stoned in my man cave for most of the undercard

Nope.

Sky are going to have to try reallllyyy hard to put together a worse ppv than Haye vs Harrison.

I haven't checked guides but this is probably a $60 PPV in Australia. We get robbed blind, yet promoters and broadcasters wonder why piracy is rife...
Usually $30-40 in aus for me for UK and the bigger ones like Canelo is $60. Yeah I see ur point tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back