Is this the best elbow KO in MMA?

Here’s an awesome elbow KO fail
2afj41v.jpg

Anderson had the GOAT elbow KO.

I’ll throw in Browne’s KO via elbows on Barnett cause it hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Damn you nailed both of the ones I was going to post.

This is the worst of them all though simply because his head is absolutely pinned flat to the mat and not one once of the impact can be absorbed with movement and all of it is absorbed by the head. I can't imagine how much that brain was rattling inside there.

Remco (?) was like 'is he dead, ref'?

It's one thing to fill the room with uppercuts, but filling it with elbow uppercuts is another level.

YES and has anyone even tried to do it since then? i'm sure it leaves you open for some counter, like any strike, but man the risk/reward seems legit! guaranteed KO of the night or performance

Anderson's is the best but Chris's short elbow should be in this thread
tumblr_metxt2Gqti1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Damn you nailed both of the ones I was going to post.

This is the worst of them all though simply because his head is absolutely pinned flat to the mat and not one once of the impact can be absorbed with movement and all of it is absorbed by the head. I can't imagine how much that brain was rattling inside there.

Remco (?) was like 'is he dead, ref'?

definitely a 'learning phase' for refs back then. and that's a cool example of martial arts mixing. Judo and muay thai i guess?

Lots of stuff going on in this thread.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I enjoy the violent nature of Brown's but Anderson's is like watching an artist. Goodridge is pure beautiful violence.
That is such a brilliant gif of edgy..
Next level disc world baked...
Only the chosen can get there...

I'd go with Jones and Stephens' elbows since they put guys out for longer than anyone else here...unless Gary Goodridge earned a true KO (killed opponent).
Jones-Kos-Vera.gif

I'm a huge Faber fan. That fight had me on tilt for weeks.

That was the first WEC I tuned into to wanting to see Faber, had similar experience with my first UFC show for Brock getting leg locked by Mir, Dream with Eddie getting leg locked by Aoki and Strikeforce when I learned Josh Thomson had broken his leg and wouldn't be fighting. Only Bellator (also for Eddie) did the guy get a win.

giphy.gif

Ortega's technical use of the elbows on a shorter opponent like Frankie, smart stuff.

I like the Matt Brown one the most even if it isn't that impressive. I just like the total domination that goes on in the proccess of the KO, he just grabs Diego's head and puts it in place and slams that elbow like a executioner chopping off heads with an axe. Then he just looks at Diego as if it's just another day at the office.

Back