Is this it for Uriah Hall's UFC career?

Tony Ferguson, Nate Diaz, Michael Bisping, Roy Nelson, TJ Dillashaw, John Dodson, etc.....

Wasn't just Chael's opinion, it was many many others.
How u forget rashad and Forrest Griffin lol

I don't think he's a disappointment because no one intelligent enough had any big expectations for him outside being a fun striker to watch.

He's fought some tough guys - like, he's lost to Mousasi, Brunson, and Whittaker in his 1-3 stint. Is that really that bad? Most guys would lose to them.

He entered the UFC very green at 7-2. He's fought a lot of top 10 guys throughout his career and has come out 13-8. He probably would have beat Vitor.

He's not a top 5 guy but fringe top 10, sure. And i think that meets his realistic expectations.
I like your post, even though Im no Hall fan. I think you're right. Not a bad MW at all...fought some studs....I think the ridiculously huge hype was created by Dana on TUF, when Hall KO'd some avergae guy senseless, and said for the 101th time that he just found the next Anderson Silva. Remember when Dana said that of Philippe Nover? Yeah, wasnt really the case, right?

Dana likes him in spite of everything, he'll be back and get good fights.

But this really sucks for him because Vitor is beyond shot and this was the potential for a big win over a big name for him and put right back in the max, Vitor is done after two minutes at most.

Wonderboy has a similar style and it has worked great for him. Difference is that Hall has always had weaker hands and weaker mind state.

wonderboy has this karate style, it works different to uriahs style. wonderboy is able to adapt his style into the cage and he is a point fighter.... he is able to counter constantly and confuse the opponent while working with space well. i dont think that uriah can deal with guys like masvidal. uriah hall has weak boxing and his style just depends on this one k.o spinning kick thing.

barboza is the much better version of uriah style.

I knew I was forgetting some people haha
Haha yea it happens a lot, I remember someone did a poll and left rashad off for best TUF fighter.

I wouldn't even know what series it's
up to know.

Did you also mention whittaker?

TUF has produced a few champs which is pretty cool.

How the hell is he disappointing?

He's entertaining as fuck. He's a hard worker and a great fighter. People think if someone's not in the top five they must suck or something. Jesus we're talking about the greatest fighters in the world.

The dude fought and won with a fucked up toe. He's awesome. No shame in losing to Mousassi or the CHAMPION Robby.

Also he beat Mousassi. Fuck anyone who shits on Hall.

wonderboy has this karate style, it works different to uriahs style. wonderboy is able to adapt his style into the cage and he is a point fighter.... he is able to counter constantly and confuse the opponent while working with space well. i dont think that uriah can deal with guys like masvidal. uriah hall has weak boxing and his style just depends on this one k.o spinning kick thing.

barboza is the much better version of uriah style.

Yeah I don’t exactly disagree. Biggest difference, as I say, is that Hall’s hands have always been limited and tentative, so he has an over reliance on the acrobatic kicking. Whereas Thompson and Barboza excel at both.

His last fight was a good win, beat a ranked guy who was on a tear before dropping a split decision to Branch.

I wouldn't be worried about him having a job with UFC, I'm worried he'll never step into the cage again after this. Especially if it turns out as serious as it sounds. I really enjoy watching the guy fight, he's a beast hope he's alright.

I had some good barbecue today.

I'm almost too full to drink beer.

Kind of pissed. Vitor had an opponent that would stand and bang. Pretty sure he will be on a short leash.

Tony Ferguson, Nate Diaz, Michael Bisping, Roy Nelson, TJ Dillashaw, John Dodson, etc.....

Wasn't just Chael's opinion, it was many many others.

I remember the hype and no one in their right minds thought he was gonna beat Anderson Silva. You're making this up.

People thought he was the 2nd coming of Anderson turned out he was the 2nd coming of manhoef.

People thought he was the 2nd coming of Anderson turned out he was the 2nd coming of manhoef.
He wasnt even the 2nd coming of Manhoef. Manhoef didn't have no problems getting in there and putting mitts on people

He's won 1 of his last 4 fights in the octagon.

He's cancelled a highly anticipated bout between him and Vitor Belfort, no fault of his own but the UFC executives are probably pissed right now especially since this was Vitor's real retirement fight.

The guy is 33 years old, he's not exactly a young and promising prospect.

He's one of the biggest disappointments in UFC history. At one point people were saying he could beat Anderson Silva back when Silva was champ, now like I said earlier he's won 1 of his last 4 fights, with an overall record of 13-8.

Is this it for his UFC career? Not talking about his entire MMA career, just his UFC one.

I'd be inclined to agree.

Dude's had amazing flashes of brilliance in the octagon, and seems like a genuinely nice guy. But too many fits and starts, it just doesn't seem like he's cut out for this big of a stage.

Back