Is there more impressive three win in a row than what Whittaker just did ??

ff

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
- first one against Jacare Souza one of the most shocking outcome for me he completely shut him down it was the first to see Jacare helpless..

- second one against Romero he had a great plan & he manged to get a clear unanimous decision win ..

- the second fight against Romero for me it was a draw (fifth round 10-8) but the fact the survived the third & fifth round that shows what kind of a fighter he is ..

Yes

e4ppGrX.png

Any many many more - jon Jones title defenses were FAR more impressive.

Whittaker could have easily lost to Romero twice and Jacare is far out of prime.

More people think he lost the 2nd Romero fight then then think he won. So yeah probably.

He either lost or fought Romero to a draw in this last fight. Majority of the media scored it for Romero.

So yea, there are more impressive.

Last edited:
There's a strong argument to be made that he didn't really win at least one of these, so no.

Anderson - Nate Marquardt 1st round KO, Rich Franklin 2nd round KO, Dan Henderson 2nd round RNC

Aldo - Kenny Florian UD, Chad Mendes 1st round KO, Frankie Edgar UD

DC - AJ, Gus, Ando, and AJ again.
Stipe on his current 6 streak. All killers
Khabib - Johnson and Barboza looked like he took their soul early on and their bodies were dead while he beat on them. Then dominated the AI fight.
Ortega - on a 6-win streak to be a standout in the division, earning himself a title shot. Hardly anyone gave him a chance in any of those matchups.

Holloway: Pettis - Aldo - Aldo (All TKOs)

Gegard: Manhoef - Souza - Hunt (Moving up from MW to HW and all finishes)

Cruz: Faber - Mighty Mouse - Mizugaki - Dillashaw - Faber

Weidman: Anderson - Anderson - Machida - Vitor

basically GTFO of your own thread TS

Seeing as how he took a beating in that last fight, yeah, I'd say there have been more impressive runs.

Back