Is There Anyone In Particular You Would Like to See Cerrone Fight Next?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't think he needs to face a heavy hitter next. He's 1-3 in his last 4 and two of those losses are by knockout. Also he got hit with some heavy shots against Yancy. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight DHK on the Singapore card or Gunnar in Liverpool. There are actually several fun matchups for him right now. Thoughts?

tumblr_o90khiHgpE1qa33wlo1_500.gif

ConsciousThankfulAmurratsnake.gif

I like both the Gunnar and DHK matchups!

His best bet would be to drop back to LW and campaign for a rematch with Eddie.

Fighting the #3 ranked guy who you already beat definitely is a good way to fast track himself back into contention.

But if he stays at WW, feed Magny to him.

Fighting the #3 ranked guy who you already beat definitely is a good way to fast track himself back into contention.

I don't think it's good at all for his body to cut to 155 given his age and mileage.

Go back to LW and face someone like Poirer or Chiesa. Cerrone was 8-2 at LW with the only losses being to RDA, it isn't impossible to think he can very well get into the title picture once more.

Go to 145lbs and fight Cole Miller.

<{afrobol}>

Feed Condit to him if he gets by Brown, but at this point I'm honestly not sure if he will. Cowboy vs Magny could be interesting.

He has fought everyone I’ve ever wanted to see him fight. He’s got nothing to prove to me anymore.

If the lightweight division was easier for him, he would never have moved.

Not really, I think he’s done. Been at too many fights close to esch other and aged quickly in fight time

I don't think he needs to face a heavy hitter next. He's 1-3 in his last 4 and two of those losses are by knockout. Also he got hit with some heavy shots against Yancy. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight DHK on the Singapore card or Gunnar in Liverpool. There are actually several fun matchups for him right now. Thoughts?

tumblr_o90khiHgpE1qa33wlo1_500.gif

ConsciousThankfulAmurratsnake.gif
I think he's the gate keeper so to speak. Not good enough to consistently beat 1-5 guys, but too good for 10-15 guys. So keep mixing it up for him. I almost think he's too old for a title run. But if he strings together 2-3 more wins in the next year I'd give him a shot.

Not really a good look to campaign for a rematch with a guy that you destroyed if he isn't the champ imo

And Magny would wrestle him to a decision

Back