Is There Any MMA Fighter Who Managed Their Career Better Than DC?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Pretty much perfect, down to the last detail. Never once missed weight or had any kind of PED mishap that would blemish his record. Had a couple of losses to other all time greats, left the sport as one of the absolute best to ever do it. Starts to make the transition to broadcasting during his last couple of years as a fighter. Kills it as a broadcaster, ends up getting promoted to the regular PPV crew and face of UFC media. Has his own podcast with Chael and teaches high school wrestling at his kids high school. Did any other fighter do it right to this level? I can’t think of any bad career move that DC has ever made.

Never once missed weight
Hl8DjLT4ncdf137Aa3iDyuKG2JESsNV8zE7sGV3bqk4.jpg

If I remember correctly, didn't DC also have skeptical test results the same time Jon did? He didn't piss hot, but the numbers were certainly unusual.

Also... DC is a fucking terrible on the mic. He's better than listening to Joe Rogan or Jon Anik, but that isnt' saying much.

I'd take drunk Bisping over all of them. I don't need the play-by-play or history lessons. I need someone to make watching a stale product more entertaining. At least Bisping might say something funny or do something stupid. Rogan's so stoned he forgets he's on the mic half the time.

Pretty much perfect, down to the last detail. Never once missed weight or had any kind of PED mishap that would blemish his record. Had a couple of losses to other all time greats, left the sport as one of the absolute best to ever do it. Starts to make the transition to broadcasting during his last couple of years as a fighter. Kills it as a broadcaster, ends up getting promoted to the regular PPV crew and face of UFC media. Has his own podcast with Chael and teaches high school wrestling at his kids high school. Did any other fighter do it right to this level? I can’t think of any bad career move that DC has ever made.
GSP
McGregor he got the UFC to build him into a Multi Multi millionaire. Let him box and get $100M and gave him the fame to make hundreds more on creating a shitty whiskey.
Khabib left undefeated and has tens of millions from the Conor fight and subsequent Dustin & Justin fights
Bisping

He missed weight but managed to fool the officials with towelgate. If he had managed his career perfectly he would have been a middleweight and in shape.

Last edited:
It’s all subjective but DJ’s career is worthy of respect imo. UFC & One champ, holds a ton of records & awards, arguably goat, avoids fighter beefs, no peds, found an mma org that appreciates him & pays ok, avoided excessive damage, proud self described “geek” doesn’t gaf what you think, successful twitch streamer, on the board of tech companies & a seemingly happy family man.

Dude did ok

769114c8ab5ddd31091d46efccc4da6b.gif

Used the towel to cheat against Rumble and cried like a bitch after getting sparked by Jones. There’s 2 mishaps.

GSP. He didn’t lose his last 2 fights.

DC would have lost out on the money for those last 2, or 3 fights. But his legacy would have been much better without the 2 losses to Stipe. Or even if DC had retired after Lewis, but before the rematch with Stipe.

A little common sense can go a long way.

Back