Is There Any Fight At MW Silva Loses Where He's Not The Favorite In The Rematch?

rexryan301

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just thinking about this today, but even if Chris Weidman knockouts Anderson Silva 20 seconds into their fight, I think he'd be the betting favorite in the rematch.

Maybe Hector Lombard if he works his way up to a title shot and then convincingly beats Silva? But I just think the rest of the contenders, Stann, Bisping, Belfort etc. have such inferior overall skillsets that despite beating him on that given night, would not be picked to do it again down the line.

This is impossible to answer without seeing how and when silva lost. For example, If Weidman took Silva down, beat him up and finished him in the 4th, silva would not be the favorite going into a rematch.

This is impossible to answer without seeing how and when silva lost. For example, If Weidman took Silva down, beat him up and finished him in the 4th, silva would not be the favorite going into a rematch.

I still think Silva's the favorite though. Silva was still a heavy favorite for the rematch with Sonnen.

Pretty much all that needs to be said.

Chris Weidman wont be knocking out Silva. If Weidman wins it will by Sub or TKO'ing Silva. If he wins then surely the lines will be close to even or Weidman would be the favorite since he is a bad matchup for Silva. A big strong wrestler with pretty decent striking and great grappling and BJJ.

he's yet to lose and we're already asking if he'd be the favorite or underdog if and when he loses? one step at a time.

I still think Silva's the favorite though. Silva was still a heavy favorite for the rematch with Sonnen.

Sonnen cant finish fights though. He does not have the KO power or Subs like Weidman has. Weidman might not be a KO guy but I am confident he has more power than Sonnen. He also is a better grappler and can defend subs.

Are you on crack? Did you turn off your TV in the 5th round? Silva WON the fight the first time. Sonnen had elevated t levels and Silva had documented injured ribs and still found a way to win.

Of course a healthy Silva was gonna be the favorite.

We would have seen this with Cheal.

Lol

Takase and Chonan beat his ass.

And Silva would destroy both of them in a rematch.
And don't think anybody is beating Silva at the moment and even if they did, he would still be the favorite.

Exactly this^

Who would be the favorite in a rematch is almost entirely decided on how the first fight went down.

Lol, there is a funny video, i don't remember if it was a DFW's vlog or something else, but Ryo Chonan is in the car and somebody asks him, hey, how do you feel about rematching Anderson Silva?

Then Chonan says with his broken english, something like this:

"Silva ? No, he kills me."

:D remember laughing hard watching it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back