Is there a reason why blue/red corner are always opposite each other?

This was so retarded that I actually started laughing.

Im bookmarking this thread everytime i need a good laugh lol

Why not just have them sit on the same stool and only be able to receive advice from the other fighter's coach?

Lmao, hilarious image, I just picture two stools sitting right next to each other, with both fighters just sitting there listening to one of the fighters coaches, both sort of just looking up with blank expressions on their faces - tired.

They're not always opposite each other:

red_and_blue_hugging_ghosts_salt_and_pepper_shakers_set_vintage__4757ee54.jpg

I think it should be like a tip off but with punches right in the center of the cage.

<6>.........
This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here... I thought you were gonna ask why is it red and blue colours for the corners... but then you topped it with your actual question. Good job bro.

Fight should start outside with both fighters having to climb in to gain octagon control

I mean the Octagon has 8 sides. I think if the corners were closer the fighters could hear their's opponents game plan and vise versa and maybe talk some trash/play good guy. In a card not long ago the corner was using cellphones to find out what the opposite corner was saying so this idea cuts out the middleman.

I only have paint to work with right now which my version has only hexagons so bear with me (pretend two more sides)

This is what it is like now:

View attachment 224031

This would cut out the cellphone View attachment 224033 middle man:
opposite sides

Think about this TS.

What if instead of a blue and red corner the UFC had two green corners!?!?!?

So now fighters wouldn't know who's yelling the instructions!

Crazy right?

Think about this TS.

What if instead of a blue and red corner the UFC had two green corners!?!?!?

So now fighters wouldn't know who's yelling the instructions!

Crazy right?

colors actually do not matter in my example, but not a bad idea

I think it should be like a tip off but with punches right in the center of the cage.
I'm picturing both guys standing there and then the ref yells "GO"! The both jump in the air and try to punch each other. First one to land the shot gets to sit in between rounds.

First 6 sided octagon I've ever seen.

And this idea is one of the more stupid ones I've ever fucking heard.

I mean why don't they just put the two stools facing eachother a cpl feet apart, at the center of the octagon ? Should be able to hear exactly what the other guys are saying. But, they won't be saying anything. Because they don't want to miss anything your team might be saying.

This is completely beyond fucked up.

giphy.gif

Fights are judged based on effective striking, grappling and hexagon control

Back