Is the women’s 135 division still a thing ?

Isthat-yo bop

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don’t know the last time I’ve seen a women’s 135 pound fight literally . Or who is in their rankings Cept Holly and Amanda. Are they still scheduling fights for that division ? It’s gone be really hard to sell a fight with Amanda due to no up and comers or push of 1. Maybe the creation of 125 killed the talent ?

Realistically,

No one likes fat women. So that division will die soon.

WMMA in my mind, is merely mud wrestling, poor quality mud wrestling - minus the mud.

Last edited:
I don't know. They've spent so much effort trying to get the 135ers to get demolished by Cyborg, maybe they forgot about it.

Rondaweight has been dead ever since the namesake was ran out and Tate retired.

not really. only 115 and now 125 will have stuff going on. 145 will go away once cyborg leaves/retires and 135 is approaching that same fate. cant give holly holm 10 title shots.

135 lbs WMMA division after Ronda, Miesha left (and 145 lbs "division" after Cyborg will leave):

tenor.gif

In Dana’s defense, he never wanted WMMA in the UFC.

Correia vs Aldana was supposed to happen at UFC 227

But I see what you are saying

Some girls have moved down in weight as well like Ashlee Evans Smith

They should just rename 135 to 145 and have Cyborg run through the division.

Hell, if she beats Nunes they might as well.

135 was created for Ronda to run through Bethe Correia level opponents. Now that shes gone the division is dead.

They need to make a 140 lb division and merge 135/145 together.

WMMA was kinda fun when Ronda was wrecking everybody. Say what you will about her but she was fun to watch. Now I don't think WMMA will last in the UFC. They tried to make Paige and Cyborg the next stars but it just didn't work

Back