Is the tear drop bag better for stand-up striking?

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is the tear drop bag better for stand-up striking over a heavy bag or reflex bag?

What do you think?

Last edited:
Heavybag is the best. A fully long and very hard one

Teardrop bag is like biscuits said good for upercuts, also practical for a high knee.

You can only throw head shots on a tear bag

A reflex bag also can't be used fully. With power and all strikes. It's like niche for.... reflexes.

Padds are also good if you got someone to hold them for you.

Last edited:
Tear drop is good for knees, teep and body kicks. You can also work punches that you can't do on a heavy bag. I am assuming you mean the long banana bag as the heavy bag. Not a regular boxing heavy bag. The long bag is sometimes too heavy on the bottom and very hollow in the middle or top.

Tear drop is only better for uppercuts and power shots. I actually really like aqua bags for power shots since it takes all the impact off your joints

If I had to choose one I’d go with a regular heavy bag.
I'm pretty sure I asked you about the aqua bags way back when, I'm glad you're still enjoying it to this day. Had any problems with it lately? I might finally pull the trigger on it.

I'm pretty sure I asked you about the aqua bags way back when, I'm glad you're still enjoying it to this day. Had any problems with it lately? I might finally pull the trigger on it.
No problems, I don’t have one at my house though, it’s at a gym I go to occasionally.

Can’t kick an aqua back if thats your thing.
Also, another benefit is because the aqua bag absorbs all the shock, it doesn’t swing crazy when throwing combos, even though the bag is lighter than a big teardrop.
If you get a teardrop of a similar size, someone would have to hold the bag for you on longer combos because it would swing

No problems, I don’t have one at my house though, it’s at a gym I go to occasionally.

Can’t kick an aqua back if thats your thing.
Also, another benefit is because the aqua bag absorbs all the shock, it doesn’t swing crazy when throwing combos, even though the bag is lighter than a big teardrop.
If you get a teardrop of a similar size, someone would have to hold the bag for you on longer combos because it would swing
How's the give on it? I personally prefer my bag denser on the lower part and with a little more give on the upper parts.

How's the give on it? I personally prefer my bag denser on the lower part and with a little more give on the upper parts.
It’s all the same in the areas since it’s filled with water. It’s like hitting water except the outside material is like a tire except way thinner. Like you couldn’t punch this thing hard bareknuckle without pain

Back