Is someone getting out of their contract for first time a possible out come of this?

Riatyn

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer by any means. I don't have the understanding to be able to articulate why there might be a way out of the contract, but fortunately for me others have already analyzed it. In some of the articles I've read on it they've talked about some of the clauses in the contract being violations of the 13th amendment and antitrust laws. Could this be the first time someone has enough money to actually pursue a contract termination?

From what little I remember about boxing contracts I know there are protections in place that weren't always there to stop predatory ones fro occurring. I don't know when this precedent was set but for some reason nothing like this exists for MMA fighters yet. One would think they'd fall under the same set of rules. They are however, separate "sports."

Khabib doesn't seem to have the best understanding of how the contract works, I could be completely wrong though. Even in the event that he doesn't, I'm sure his teammates at AKA do and would help advise him on getting a lawyer. I for one am very curious on how this will play out if Dana sticks to his guns with the bans.

Last edited:
Back