Is Shavkat overhyped?

That might have been with me. And the way you are explaining it now still makes no sense. If you only get excited for fighters if they look unstoppable in a long streak against top opponents, you're almost never gonna get excited and MMA must be a very dull sport for you.

No, it's completely the other way around, for me at least, I started watching MMA because I have always loved fighting and martial arts, I appreciate every single detail and aspect of MMA. I don't only get excited about the absolute top of the top, GOAT candidate fighters. That shit is for people who don't really get the art of the sport but only understand results.

@HHJ do you agree with me, sir?
I do. I never expect anyone to be invincible or always have an easy time. I think people who don't jump on a bandwagon cos of that are sissies and scaredy cats. Go hard or go home.
Shavkat has all the qualities that you want in blood and guts death fighting. So I'm a fan and I'm going all in.

Last edited:
I do. I never expect anyone to be invincible or always have an easy time. I think people who don't jump on a bandwagon cos of that are sissies and scaredy cats. Go hard or go home.
Shavkat has all the qualities that you want in a blood and guts death fighting. So I'm a fan and I'm going all in.

1714651141355.gif
1714651415678.gif
1714650975436.gif

Reactions: HHJ
He finished everyone he fought, I think you are delusional.

Reactions: HHJ
Overhyped? To a degree, but who isn’t excited what they have seen. He wins with an ease which is really quite scary. It’s ok to recognise fighters that are not the usual breed and be excited about them. Enjoy the ride I say.

When he hurried to finish Neal to keep the streak alive and achieved this with a minute left, win never in doubt, only concerned w finishing...

How can you not love that. Never seen anything like that. Never seen someone so devoted to putting herbs to curbs other than Jiri the violence God.

That might have been with me. And the way you are explaining it now still makes no sense. If you only get excited for fighters if they look unstoppable in a long streak against top opponents, you're almost never gonna get excited and MMA must be a very dull sport for you.

No, it's completely the other way around, for me at least, I started watching MMA because I have always loved fighting and martial arts, I appreciate every single detail and aspect of MMA. I don't only get excited about the absolute top of the top, GOAT candidate fighters. That shit is for people who don't really get the art of the sport but only understand results.

@HHJ do you agree with me, sir?
I don't think it was with you. I'm pretty sure it was a user I don't really recognize and I recognize you.

"If you only get excited for fighters if they look unstoppable in a long streak against top opponents, you're almost never gonna get excited and MMA must be a very dull sport for you."

Most of the fighters I'm excited for are nowhere near the top. In fact, the only fighters at the top that I'm excited to see fight are Nemkov, Kayla and Ngannou (and I'm probably the only person who considers them to be at the top).

The disagreement was about hailing fighters as great before they've earned it. I can be plenty excited to see a fighter fight, but I'm not going to be calling him or her a future GOAT until they've actually done it.

" I don't only get excited about the absolute top of the top, GOAT candidate fighters. That shit is for people who don't really get the art of the sport but only understand results."

I think we're actually saying the same thing. I think there are MMA fans who enjoy being part of hype trains more than they enjoy the actual fights and one of the ways they create that excitement for themselves is prematurely building up legacies for fighters before the fighters have actually done it for real.

I don't think it was with you. I'm pretty sure it was a user I don't really recognize and I recognize you.

"If you only get excited for fighters if they look unstoppable in a long streak against top opponents, you're almost never gonna get excited and MMA must be a very dull sport for you."

Most of the fighters I'm excited for are nowhere near the top. In fact, the only fighters at the top that I'm excited to see fight are Nemkov, Kayla and Ngannou (and I'm probably the only person who considers them to be at the top).

The disagreement was about hailing fighters as great before they've earned it. I can be plenty excited to see a fighter fight, but I'm not going to be calling him or her a future GOAT until they've actually done it.

" I don't only get excited about the absolute top of the top, GOAT candidate fighters. That shit is for people who don't really get the art of the sport but only understand results."

I think we're actually saying the same thing. I think there are MMA fans who enjoy being part of hype trains more than they enjoy the actual fights and one of the ways they create that excitement for themselves is prematurely building up legacies for fighters before the fighters have actually done it for real.
Hail Shavkat. Day one.

When he subbed braz cowboy so easy he was already a legend In my mind

Last edited:
No. He’ll eat some shots, get a hold of Leon and strangle him like the rest.

Back