Is Roy Jones JR hitting with his door knocking knuckles?

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

He makes his hooks so long, that it appears that about 50% of them hit with the door knocking knuckles?

It also appears like he has bent his wrist in some of the punches?

What the hell is he doing?

He makes his hooks so long, that it appears that about 50% of them hit with the door knocking knuckles?

It also appears like he has bent his wrist in some of the punches?

What the hell is he doing?

Knocking people out mostly - sacrificing proper technique for speed and suprise with great success for the most part.

Knocking people out mostly - sacrificing proper technique for speed and suprise with great success for the most part.

no chit i mean with his hands/ the striking surface,

long hooks are slower, hes not doing it for speed, hes doing it because hes so fast already

no chit i mean with his hands/ the striking surface,

long hooks are slower, hes not doing it for speed, hes doing it because hes so fast already
No. He's doing it for speed - it takes much longer to manuevre into the correct hooking position and then to throw the hook correctly.

The speed of the unexpected punch is what's causing his opponents problems.

Holy fuck he was fast in his prime

RJJ was just one of the genetically gifted boxers, his reflexes where just that good he could get away with being ultra unorthodox.

I don't think your see another one like him in a while......

No. He's doing it for speed - it takes much longer to manuevre into the correct hooking position and then to throw the hook correctly.

The speed of the unexpected punch is what's causing his opponents problems.

Its a long hook, hes not doing it for speed, it just has more range, range is not speed, time is not speed. Long hooks are some of the slowest punches in boxing. But they can travel a short distance sometimes, but Roy can make the longest distance punches something very quick and hard to avoid because hes so fast.

Last edited:
Its a long hook, hes not doing it for speed, it just has more range, range is not speed, time is not speed. Long hooks are some of the slowest punches in boxing. But they can travel a short distance sometimes, but Roy can make the longest distance punches something very quick and hard to avoid because hes so fast.

you asked why he is hitting with the door knocking knuckles (improper technique) and he already answered your question. hes throwing the hook "improperly" for the speed. So hes doing it for speed, to cover the Long distance on the Long Hook that you say he covers distance so quickly on

In the slow-mo shots, it looks like he's landing on the knuckles.

Sugar Ray Leonard would punch really fast too, and it looked like he was landing on his own fingers, but I'm pretty sure he of all people was landing correctly-- that's probably just what it looks like when a punch is sped up

Seems like you have already made your mind up about the topic so maybe just think that ...

Back