Is RIZIN better off giving RENA and Tenshin kickboxing matches?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
RENA even said herself that she is not suitable for MMA. And it seems like a waste to make Tenshin lose in an MMA match.

i'd suggest that rizin just has them fight each other, so i'd know when to go on a food/coffee run, but since they already have an intermission or two or three (if that fat mongolian "fights" again...), i guess even that's unhelpful.

Well, they’ve been throwing Tenshin softballs all along. Kickboxing fights against mma guys.

Rena has a lot to improve upon, mostly W.R.T. takedown defense and transitions, but at this stage in her game, she shouldn’t be main eventing with all that pressure on her, and shouldn’t have been forced into the rematch against Asakura so quickly, when it was clear neither of them were really into it.

Tenshin is fighting in the kickboxing tournament this year (along with Taiga and Horiguchi and some others) and has exclusively fought in kickboxing since last summer where he fought Fujita, a boxer, in MMA. He's not going to transition fully or at all, I don't expect.

RENA will come back to MMA, though, in my opinion. She showed a lot of improvement in a short amount of time and put in a much better performance against the strongest, most dominant top player in her division after fighting only three weeks earlier. Probably won't see her until new years eve though, where they'll really try to stack the deck to pop a rating.

Bring some Thais in the tournament or some fighters from Holland in that weight class, its ridiculous that he don"t fight real competition but they build a huge hype around him.
Let him beat a quality opponent and we will see if he is worth it.
In Rena case let her only train wrestling and BJJ for 5 months till 31 Dec and we will see if she can develop more or if she is stuck with the tools she have now and then she can consider to go back to Kickboxing/Shoot-boxing.

Bring some Thais in the tournament or some fighters from Holland in that weight class, its ridiculous that he don"t fight real competition but they build a huge hype around him.
Let him beat a quality opponent and we will see if he is worth it.
In Rena case let her only train wrestling and BJJ for 5 months till 31 Dec and we will see if she can develop more or if she is stuck with the tools she have now and then she can consider to go back to Kickboxing/Shoot-boxing.
Tenshin has beat 4 former Thai stadium champions, his track record in kickboxing is very very legit even if his opponents in RIZIN haven't been
RENA has already developed a tonne, its pretty clear that the camp she did focused on wrestling paid dividends and she's an elite athlete

Rena already did better against Kanna then the first time but to call her a Elite Athlete is just a litle bit to early after only 7 - 2.

I Saw 2 fights from him against the thais i think his last two and they were brutal, The fights in Rizin were good but not from that level. How would Tenshin handle him self in a promotion like glory?

Last edited:
Rena already did better against Kanna then the first time but to call her a Elite Athlete is just a litle bit to early after only 7 - 2.

I Saw 2 fight from him against the thais i think his last two and the were brutally, The fights in Rizin were good but not from that level. How would Tenshin handle him self in a promotion like glory?
She's an elite athlete as far as MMA goes. Ayaka Hamasaki is the de facto #1 at Atom and she's shot to shit whilst not being very athletic at all. The standard is hardly high and she clearly exceeds it.
GLORY doesn't have Tenshin's weight class. Only K-1, Knock Out, and RISE do. Former K-1 champ Taiga should be in the upcoming RIZIN grand prix.

I Saw 2 fights from him against the thais i think his last two and the were brutally, The fights in Rizin were good but not from that level. How would Tenshin handle him self in a promotion like glory?
Assuming GLORY added his weight class, this is the same promotion desperately trying to push guys like Dustin Jacoby, Chris Camozzi, and Chi Lewis Parry. I think Tenshin would do fine. The better and more reasonable question is how he would do against the K-1 Japan divisions (which we might get an idea of if TAIGA joins the grand prix in September).

Yes these are the things i want to see! Don't get me wrong i also think Tenshin is legit what i am only say is his Rizin kickboxing fights are against Mma fighters and i want to see him tested against the best in Kickboxing. So its a good thing the tournament is on his way then we can see how thing wil play out in that league!

Too bad Robin van Roosmalen is to heavy for Tenshin to would be a awesome Fight!

Last edited:
Well, they’ve been throwing Tenshin softballs all along. Kickboxing fights against mma guys.

Rena has a lot to improve upon, mostly W.R.T. takedown defense and transitions, but at this stage in her game, she shouldn’t be main eventing with all that pressure on her, and shouldn’t have been forced into the rematch against Asakura so quickly, when it was clear neither of them were really into it.
W.R.T.?

Back