Is Porier still the dark horse at LW?

the only khabib fight i have interest in is ferguson. ferguson will keep moving forward, will be a devil on bottom and has knives in his elbows.

IMO the only person who has a good chance of beating Khabib at LW is Ferguson

The fact that Tony is fine off of his back I can see him getting wild with his kicks and dropping down for chokes, could throw Khabib off or he could even catch him with something

IMO the only person who has a good chance of beating Khabib at LW is Ferguson

The fact that Tony is fine off of his back I can see him getting wild with his kicks and dropping down for chokes, could throw Khabib off or he could even catch him with something
agreed. once ferguson gets his shot, then i have no problem with khabib trying angle for easy paydays. but he can't say he's fighting for legacy (best eva) without taking that fight.

and i hope ferguson slices him up like he did pettis.

no one can stop khabibs takedowns

its a matter of being able to survive his pace and initial takedowns and GNP. if you can survive that and get him tired you can beat him on the feet in the championship rounds and even thats hard because of the takedown threat.

you need 4 major things: the ability to survive GNP and submissions, insane cardio, good enough takedown defense, and good boxing

someone like GSP is the only one who can beat Khabib
and not to lose a 10-8

agreed. once ferguson gets his shot, then i have no problem with khabib trying angle for easy paydays. but he can't say he's fighting for legacy (best eva) without taking that fight.

and i hope ferguson slices him up like he did pettis.

Agreed, they have to fight each other before it's all said and done. Either one who wins could easily state they're the greatest LW of all time IMO

Not sure I consider him a dark horse relative to the other contenders at the moment.

He keeps surprising me since he moved up from FW, he's matured as a fighter and is mentally tougher now. I won't count him out of any fight at LW.

When was he ever the dark horse of the LW division?

No. Has the early breaking point gene. You can't be champ with it unless gifted shot like conman was and dont have to go through top 2-3 straight up killers.

I say same about Lee, Chiesa, Pettis and Conor in top 10.

I seen other signs but taking out when Alvarez kneed him was a sure sign he doesnt do well when is serious trouble. Lots of guys will put him in serious trouble.

Last edited:
I feel that he's waiting for Conor to use the recent loss to do a re-do with him now that Dustin's own stock is on the rise and Conor may feel it's a safe fight because Conor as already beaten him @FW. So he drops out of the Diaz fight in hopes of baiting Conor into a fight...
LavishGroundedGrayfox-max-1mb.gif

Just shows how great Khabib is

Whenever you have these great fighters at the top of their games, everyone makes up reasons why the people they haven't faced yet would be a nightmare match up for them

I'd like to see Khabib face a high level wrestler but Poirier isn't it.

Poirier is the Anthony Smith of LW. He's lately beat solid guys in impressive fashion so you forget how he got his shit pushed in several times in the past.

I guess he could conceivably get a title shot with an Ecoreem type strategy but I don't think he's elite anywhere and is basically gatekeeper material.

He has as good a shot as anyone. I can't see him coming back from the shot that put Conor down though.

no one can stop khabibs takedowns

its a matter of being able to survive his pace and initial takedowns and GNP. if you can survive that and get him tired you can beat him on the feet in the championship rounds and even thats hard because of the takedown threat.

you need 4 major things: the ability to survive GNP and submissions, insane cardio, good enough takedown defense, and good boxing

someone like GSP is the only one who can beat Khabib

WASSUPBRO

He will not beat Khabib imo, however he deserves a title shot after Tony. If he can get that Nate fight rebooked it would be the perfect ‘keep warm’ fight.

I consider him a contender but I don’t see him beating Khabib.

Back