Is Overeem ever going to be UFC champion?

His glass chin has always been that. horse meat or no horse meat. In his early days it was a bit less but then he had the problem gassing a lot. Technically he still has all the tools, but doesn't always show them.

I think his hit and run tactics have been working great and should stick with that if he fights again. He is aware of his biggest weakness.
He still has dangerous hands and knees, but man he should never ever stay in the pocket.

I kinda felt bad for Overeem after he got knocked out by Francis.. He's been chasing the title for so long, been so close, but it just hasn't worked out

Now that Francis might become champ I see the door is closing on him.. That was a bad one, but Reem always finds a way to bounce back

Not sure if he can take Francis in a rematch but I'm sure he'll rack up some more wins.. If I had to answer your question though, I think not

Still look forward to seeing him fight in the future

I do believe he was the best hw in the world at one point. If Reem was in the UFC while Lesnar and Randy were champs he would have been king

but he's far from it now.

Especially if he wasn't busted for PEDs. But that happened quickly. He went out of the country to miss a test before his first fight (Brock) then got busted before his next fight. Then he had some reality checks against Bigfoot, Browne and Rothwell.

Did Werdum become champ? then why not?

Especially if he wasn't busted for PEDs. But that happened quickly. He went out of the country to miss a test before his first fight (Brock) then got busted before his next fight. Then he had some reality checks against Bigfoot, Browne and Rothwell.
yeah. To be fair Bigfoot and Rothwell have failed tests too. And i would bet my left nut Browne had taken steroids

I think when N'gannou wins that title... I don't see him loosing it for a long time.

A long time by heavyweight standards is like four fights.

Doubtful, rumor has it he TKO’d himself 2 days after the Ngannou fight while applying shaving cream to his chin.

Actually he was a belt holder (indirectly). Strikeforce was owned by the UFC and that is where most of their best HW fighters arrived from.

You answered your own question

<{hughesimpress}>

I kinda felt bad for Overeem after he got knocked out by Francis.. He's been chasing the title for so long, been so close, but it just hasn't worked out

Now that Francis might become champ I see the door is closing on him.. That was a bad one, but Reem always finds a way to bounce back

Not sure if he can take Francis in a rematch but I'm sure he'll rack up some more wins.. If I had to answer your question though, I think not

Still look forward to seeing him fight in the future

He has had his place in the sun though winning the K-1 World GP, the same way Crocop did with the OWGP.

Talents is there, Chin is not

That's too easy. His chin wasn't what lost him the fight vs Ngannou. His "talents" were, as in anyone would have been ko'ed by that punch, but not everyone would have gotten into a position to get hit by that punch (Overreem looked like a retard in that exchange).

No.

I think he will do one more fight and then retire at 60 professional MMA fights.

I would prefer he not fight anymore. The KOs are only getting worse. That being said, with injuries being as frequent as they are and Reem being a HW I can't say a short notice KO as a replacement in a title fight is outside the realm of possibility.

The Ngannou fight was his last chance.

He was still one ground and pound away from the UFC gold against Miocic.

Back