Is Nick Diaz the most over-hyped fighter in UFC history?

Probably.

He doesn't have a single win over a top 10 guy in his weight class in what, 10 years? Maybe more? Was Paul Daley a top 10 lol?

And yet people are calling for him to get a title shot. LMFAO!

True.

That's what I have been saying as well. I don't even know if he ever beat a top 10 WW, though. I don't think Lawler was back then.

Who has ever hyped them as world-beaters ?

Their records settle that matter quickly.

What matters is that they are great FIGHTERS. Whether they win or they lose, the Diaz brothers put on a show.

Which is why their fans are always focused on the sheer fun factor of watching one of the brothers in the cage.

The lose a lot of matches, but they win a lot of events, so to speak, because wins and losses don't define them per se.

Hype is people saying Conor McGregor could beat Floyd Mayweather in a Boxing match.

Hype is people saying Ronda Rousey is a once ever/could beat up males/bantamweights/is attractive.

Hype is when a fighter's true ability is blown out of proportion.

The Diaz brothers have no such hype because they've been flawed fighters since the get go.

Yet we love every moment that they're in a fight. That's love, not hype homey.

209 for life.

Lol @The ronda haters. Ye because being the first american to medal in judo and finishing literally every single opponent you faced badly makes you over hyped. Until she fought Holly she deserved the hype after Holly couldnt defend the belt against someone else who couldnt defend the belt it proved she really was great but styles make fights and Holly had her number.

But I have no idea how no one mentioned this. Brandon Vera is 100000% the most over hyped fighter in ufc history. Connor is a manlet but did Ko p4p great Aldo, Vera was hyped as being a 2 division champ next best thing in mma history. He did get a bad break though since his lst couople losses in the ufc were against people who popped for juice.

He's 0-3 in his last 3 fights. 1-3 overall in the UFC with his last win being in 2011(5 fucking years ago) over a smaller BJ Penn. He got gifted a title shot after losing to Condit.

Nate keeps saying they gave everything he and his brother worked for to Mcgregor but Mcgregor actually won big fights and cleaned out the division just to get his title shot. Nate and Nick have been losing fights in the UFC.

How can people call Mcgregor all hype and then boost about Nick as being a great fighter that has paid his dues?

Nick is over-hyped IMO.

Most people on Sherdog thought Nick would lose to BJ.

True.

That's what I have been saying as well. I don't even know if he ever beat a top 10 WW, though. I don't think Lawler was back then.

Lawler, Zaromskis, and Daley were perhaps top 10s at the time, but they were all like 9-10 at very best. Just barely.

Can't we like a fighter for his eccentricities and street world view without TS thinking we over-hype him? C'mon TS

6gh.gif

15-3-2 in last 20 fights - 1 loss was due to a cut(KJ),another was a fight that could of gone either way(Condit) and the 3rd was to WW GOAT GSP not to shabby imo
this and people really focus on his last three fights which were all decisions against the top 3 ranked opponents, im not saying the guy is gonna be a UFC champion again but he's really not as bad as sherdoggers would like to make him out to be.

Shit haters say. Conor is the best thing to happen to the UFC since Anderson Silva's incredible MW run

Whatever, CM Punk is the best thing to happen the the UFC

Shit haters say. Conor is the best thing to happen to the UFC since Anderson Silva's incredible MW run

Making a statement is not equal to hating.

One can easily argue that Conor is over-hyped simply based upon weight cutting. He cuts a freakish amount of weight to get to 145, then brags about how much bigger he is than his opponents. If he was able to cut weight like most fighters do, he would have spent his entire UFC run at 155. But since he is a freakish cutter, everyone gets to pretend that he's one of the best of all time. He is one of the best of all time.... at cutting. (Seriously he's up there with WW Rumble and Gleison Tibau.)

If (well really when) he moves to 155, we will finally see him in his natural class and see him unable to exploit a weight advantage. I'd recon he would be like 7-2, and regarded at a Top Ten name, but not be seen at the greatest fighter since Anderson or whatever nonsense the kids are saying these days.

Back