Is my amazon echo really listening to my every word?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I mean its gotta be listening so it knows when i say "alexa" right? This is kinda freaking me out. I love this thing though. Does it record? Remember? Anyone else got one?

There was a murder case not too long ago where Amazon was fighting the release of it's recordings citing First Amendment.

I mean its gotta be listening so it knows when i say "alexa" right? This is kinda freaking me out. I love this thing though. Does it record? Remember? Anyone else got one?

I got one and I only it as an alarm clock. I am not saying its bad but I mainly bought as a speaker. Right now though I bought a JBL Extreme and have a JBL 3. I barely use the Alexa Echo

Most certainly, I was thinking the same thing about "ok google", which I never use, yesterday

Of course it's listening to your every word. It's not the only piece of technology you interact with everyday that listens/watches and records everything you do...

Probably listening but I love the Alexa I've got it fading my bedroom lights on at 7am to get me up for work, controls my kitchen and living room lights and brightness levels, works on timers to do my fish tank, lamps and can turn the kettle on plus the weather, Spotify and can call me an uber.

iu

It's an easy theory to verify.

Just stand near the device and openly discuss planting a fictitious bomb at the federal reserve.

If feds assassinate you soon after. You'll have your answer.

I don’t see the point of this device. Is it for people with no hands?

Just stand near the device and openly discuss planting a fictitious bomb at the federal reserve.

Alexis, post my death on WORLLLLLLDDDDSTARRRR

I know you are joking, but this would only prove that it is listening and reporting information to the government.

Yes, although it's only supposed to transmit data to Amazon after receiving certain commands:

Alexa, the voice assistant that powers Echo and more, is always listening, sending what you say after using a "wake" word to Amazon's servers.

Source

That article contains information about the murder trial that jefferz mentioned.

Of course it's listening to your every word. It's not the only piece of technology you interact with everyday that listens/watches and records everything you do...
+1

I didn't realize how thorough this was until I started using my Youtube analytics and I saw just how much data Youtube has on people's viewing habits. They track not only what you click, but how long you watch, exactly when you click away and WHERE you click away to, whether you have the video in your main tab or are listening to it in another tab, whether you like or comment, the keywords...how you got to the video, how you interact with the end screen options, every bit of personal data you've provided about your age, location, gender etc...it's damned scary.

I'm guessing all spies can turn these gadgets into listening devices.

I'm guessing all spies can turn these gadgets into listening devices.

Remember when someone had to plant a listening device? Now there are any number of voice actuated devices that people pay for and bring into their homes and offices on their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back