Is MAX Muay Thai the biggest promtion in Thailand?

cheese32165

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Still new to Muay Thai but I've been watching loads of the MAX Muay Thai cards on Youtube and loving it.

I see Channel 8 has other promtion and of course who have the shows in Bangkok.

What is the best Muay Thai promotion and how do I findout who is the best of fighter in each weight class?

I see you have a WBC Muay Thai belt, but does that mean anything and if so where are these belts contested?

In before Jtr and cocakillbanana post their sarcastic comments

The best fights are on different promotions on lumpinee and rajadamnern stadium.

Siam Fight News on facebook posts updates about big fight cards and sometimes stream it. Videos are also uploaded to muayties on youtube.

Max muay thai is lower level, usually thai vs foreigner. It might be the most popular on thai TV though but the best matches don't happen there.

The best fights are on different promotions on lumpinee and rajadamnern stadium.

Siam Fight News posts updates about big fight cards and sometimes stream it. Videos are also uploaded to muayties on youtube.

Max muay thai is lower level, usually thai vs foreigner. It might be the most popular on thai TV though but the best matches don't happen there.

Thanks.

Still new to Muay Thai but I've been watching loads of the MAX Muay Thai cards on Youtube and loving it.

What is the best Muay Thai promotion and how do I findout who is the best of fighter in each weight class?

I see you have a WBC Muay Thai belt, but does that mean anything and if so where are these belts contested?
The only belts that kinda matter are the stadium belts, but even they incorporate marketability. You can check the ranks on this site: http://www.muaythai2000.com/en/champofstadium.php?stadium=1

MAX Muay Thai is not at all the best promotion. it is a specific brand of muay thai where the promoters encourage fighters to put on action packed fights with different scoring from Bangkok stadiums offering bonus and superbonus for KOs and exciting fights. fights are 3 rounds instead of 5 and the scoring highly favours walk forward agression over anything else.

"promotions" in muay thai aren't as prominent as in kickboxing and mma, it's more like boxing or that's the impression that I get. different promoters put on shows in different places and the best shows are the ones that take place in Lumpinee and Raja Stadiums.

I'm not sure that MAX isn't Thailands biggest promotion in some respects. It gets bigger TV ratings than any other promotion. Now the main stadium weekday stadium cards aren't broadcast on TV and make most of their money on the gates, but it's still something. Rob seemed to think it was here to stay, so it must be somewhat profitable.

Obviously, it doesn't have anywhere remotely close to the level of fights you see even in Channel 7, or Rangsit, or Omnoi or Jitmuangnon, let alone Raja.

Last edited:
MAX also does a Gym vs Gym theme, where pretty much all the guys are thai.

MAX also does a Gym vs Gym theme, where pretty much all the guys are thai.
Max also put on "the champion" show on Saturdays on channel 8 that is an all thai show with the same format as the regular max show except all thai (meaning 4 man tournament and the rest single 3 round fights every event)

what ever happened to s-1?
that was run by onesongchai. I do not believe they run the s-1 shows anymore. Onesongchai has a televised fights every week on the thai rath channel called yod muay and if they do international shows now it is usually under the local co-promoters name instead in being under the s-1 banner

Last edited:
Max Muay thai aren't the best more like up and comers but there fun especially when i know a guy fighting I go at least 3 times a week when in Pattaya

Back