is Khamzat the most "goalpost-moved" fighter ever?

I've honestly never seen anything like this.

BEFORE: "He will be exposed the second he fights someone towards the top of the division. So much hype"
THEN: *steamrolls Li without taking one hit*
AFTER: "lol Li sucks"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Finally he is fighting a real WW!"
THEN: *beats top 3 Burns who is a stylistic nightmare in a FOTY*
AFTER: "lol Burns is a LW and should have won"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kevin is the true fighter of 2020 not Khamzat."
THEN: *steamrolls Kevin without taking one hit*
AFTER: "lol Kevin sucks"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kamaru is so much better. Khamzat has no way to win."
THEN: *one fight removed from an extremely close WW title fight, long-time dominant WW champ with the best TDD in the whole UFC gets soundly outgrappled for the first time in his life / loses decision*
AFTER: "lol Kamaru sucks / is a WW / lol he has no knees / he is 80 years old"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Finally he is fighting a real MW!"
THEN: *Costa pulls out*
AFTER: "lol Khamzat doesn't fight!"

MY GUESS "THEN": Khamzat wins vs the former MW champ / top 5 MW figher / stylistic nightmare
MY GUESS "AFTER": "lol Rob sucks / he was a WW / he is 80 years old"

I know haters have existed since the sport began but I've never seen so much goal-post-moving for a single fighter in the sport's history. Can you think of anything in MMA history that rivals this level of psychosis or shameless goalpost moving?
Pereira fans love to pretend that he didn't get sent to the shadow realm by Izzy! in their minds it never happened. He just got KOed by some manlet rapper He's gonna get KOed again too by Jamal Hill.

You're talking out of your ass. Especially about the Burns fight. Khamzat dominated the poll and the majority of sherdoggers thought he would win easily.

Proof

Why are you pretending that because people favored him in a poll years ago that a loud, large contingent of people on Sherdog didn't discredit him and then promptly discredit Gilbert after the fight took place?

Are we all just going to pretend that shit hasn't been going on for YEARS and that people don't still call Gilbert a "LW" to diminish the win?

when a new hype train rolls into town, there will be people who scrutinize its closely. in khamzat’s case, he was billed as the steamroller who was going to roll over the division. instead, he looks very average against ranked fighters. he also rarely fights. so idk what you’re talking about moving goalposts. he is not living up to his billing.

Dude is one of the GOAT hype jobs in UFC history and went tooth and nail against undersized Burns and struggled/ gassed against 10 day training camp Usman at MW.
He’s not the killer that has been portrayed and his level of opposition isn’t title shot worthy.

There's no one left he can beat to impress people though.

If he beats Whittaker, Rob is past prime

If he beats Izzy, so what, Sean beat Izzy

If he beats DDP and wins the championship, so what DDP isn't all that

If he beats Leon and wins WW, Leon isn't all that either

There are no more "invicible" fighters now that Kamaru and Izzy got toppled. Now everyone: Izzy, DDP, Sean, Leon, Kamaru, Gilbert, Rob, they're all good but no longer great. No one is going to be impressed by any Khamzat win.

There's no one left he can beat to impress people though.

If he beats Whittaker, Rob is past prime

If he beats Izzy, so what, Sean beat Izzy

If he beats DDP and wins the championship, so what DDP isn't all that

If he beats Leon and wins WW, Leon isn't all that either

There are no more "invicible" fighters now that Kamaru and Izzy got toppled. Now everyone: Izzy, DDP, Sean, Leon, Kamaru, Gilbert, Rob, they're all good but no longer great. No one is going to be impressed by any Khamzat win.

Yup.

BEFORE: "He will be exposed the second he fights someone towards the top of the division. So much hype"

BEFORE: "He will be exposed. Kamaru is so much better. Khamzat has no way to win."
THEN: *one fight removed from an extremely close WW title fight, long-time dominant WW champ with the best TDD in the whole UFC gets soundly outgrappled for the first time in his life / loses decision*

MY GUESS "THEN": Khamzat wins vs the former MW champ / top 5 MW figher / stylistic nightmare

I know haters have existed since the sport began but I've never seen so much goal-post-moving for a single fighter in the sport's history. Can you think of anything in MMA history that rivals this level of psychosis or shameless goalpost moving?
You'd better get used to it, because when he gets the belt, people are gonna get extremely frustrated if he doesn't fight often. And frustrated people can be unfair and dishonest.
I'm sure that everyone would love to see him a bit more consistent regarding activity, weight, etc. But I'm not saying he's necessarily always at fault. That also can still change, he fought thrice in two months when he debuted in the UFC, after all.

Blame Kadyrov for befriending him. Khamzat is a victim of his own success.
Usman, CCc, Gaethje and Khabib also seem to be pals with him with no consequences.

Usman-Kadyrov-Visu-News.jpg

Theres dozens of pictures of Khabib with Kadyrov, he even came to his fights.

230503160351-03-ufc-ramzan-kadyrov-chechyna.jpg

Not really it is just that he has been very overrated and as a result things have changed when he is being discussed. Sorry but he was the next Khabib according to some folks way too soon.

Last edited:

Alex Pereira is up there.

"He will be exposed. Kevin is the true fighter of 2020 not Khamzat."

Interesting... I don't remember anyone picking Holland to win that one.

Kamaru was on short notice towards the end of his career after two straight losses.

If he beats Whittaker after a proper camp no-one can question if he is legit or not.
But....Then we have to wait 22 years to see him and Bo Nickal fight fight in hospice and we're back to square one.

Khamzat smesh, Sherdog cry, rinse and repeat.

Back