Is Khabib the best striker in the LW division?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He has now outstruck RDA, Johnson, Barboza, Raging Al, and McGregor. Including wobbling Conor badly.

Khabib has also never been dropped or even visibly rocked.

93F78A02-EA9C-463D-9F59-8F4679ADC7B9.jpeg
Discuss

It was weird to see Conor get out struck on the feet by Khabib. Still feel like that was a dream Lol

Even the 3rd round where Conor won, he was barely getting the better of the exchanges. Khabib even forced Conor to the cage with strikes to the head.

The whole event was so strange

Does that make Michael Johnson the best striker in the world?
He outstruck Khabib who outstruck Conor who outstruck Floyd (lol) who outstruck Canelo.

It seems crazy but its actually true lol. I mean could u imagine that if i told u before the fight Khabib was gonna dominate the stand-up and wobble Conor, you'd never expect that shit in a million years.

No but he fought an excellent fight and navigated Conor's striking advantage brilliantly.

Accurate statement is that Khabib was seriously underrated on the feet. Him vs T-Ferg would shed some light on who is best though for sure.

The combination of Conor being tired and scared of Khabib takesdown made him a worse striker than Ronda.

It seems crazy but its actually true lol. I mean could u imagine that if i told u before the fight Khabib was gonna dominate the stand-up and wobble Conor, you'd never expect that shit in a million years.

Nope. Most people who know MMA expected it (ie, me).

It is the same way GSP beat so many fighters on the feet. The threat of the takedown allows them so much liberty in the standup. They don't need to be the best pure striker to win the striking.

It was weird to see Conor get out struck on the feet by Khabib. Still feel like that was a dream Lol

Even the 3rd round where Conor won, he was barely getting the better of the exchanges. Khabib even forced Conor to the cage with strikes to the head.

The whole event was so strange

MMA striking, threat of the takedowns, etc. Pure standup strikers usually lose to wrestlers who can also strike, e.g. JDS vs. Cain.

Khabib is definitely an underrated striker, although perhaps not so much anymore. That kinda-knockdown on Conor was epic. Before that, he beat Iaquinta on the feet, which is very impressive, even for a wrestler making people afraid of the takedowns. Khabib did lose the 3rd to Conor in pretty much pure standup though, so he needs to not get too carried away with himself.

Does that make Michael Johnson the best striker in the world?
He outstruck Khabib who outstruck Conor who outstruck Floyd (lol) who outstruck Canelo.

It's a myth that Johnson outstruck or even land any clean shot on Khabib for that matter.

And Conor got outstruck by both Khabib and Floyd.

A few of us pointed out the "Khabib is the worst striker in the universe" meme was bullshit back when it was pushed by Lee angling for a ridiculously undeserved title shot. Funny how all the casuals have done a 180 since Khabib dropped Conor.

Back